Been Awhile, But Guess Who Started Her Agility Career This Past Weekend!

barnhill

Experienced Member
That's right my crazy Red Head BC Tempest started her agility career this past Friday at my local clubs Spring AKC trial 4/4/14-4/6/14. We didnt get any Q's this weekend, but her runs were amazing and I am so happy with how she is coming along.

Here is her very first run in competition on Friday morning:

Evie

Experienced Member
Wow! Nice!! Makes me realise just how far Evie and I have to go.... She's super fast through those weavers once she got it right!

Awesome work.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I'm pretty sure I have read in at least one publication about Border Collies that they don't reach emotional maturity until about 3 years of age. I will try to find a source for you. Anyway, 18 months is still a young dog, and she is doing great.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I'm pretty sure I have read in at least one publication about Border Collies that they don't reach emotional maturity until about 3 years of age. I will try to find a source for you. Anyway, 18 months is still a young dog, and she is doing great.
You are right, Brody's Mom, certainly with working, herding BC's their mental maturity does not arrive until 3 to 4.

barnhill

Experienced Member
Yeah, she came from a really strong working line.

So this past weekend was the All American Pet Expo here in Columbus, OH. I got asked to come help out with running the sound for the Dynamo Dogs show they had there all weekend. http://thedynamodogs.com/Home.html

Long story short we ended up doing the Agility demos all weekend with a few other friends and Saturday Gail from the Dynamo Dogs asked if I wanted to play disc with Tempest in her show. So of course I said YES!! Here is our first appearance on Saturday night...

Here she is working the agility demo...

brody_smom

Experienced Member

So this past weekend was the All American Pet Expo here in Columbus, OH. I got asked to come help out with running the sound for the Dynamo Dogs show they had there all weekend. http://thedynamodogs.com/Home.html

Long story short we ended up doing the Agility demos all weekend with a few other friends and Saturday Gail from the Dynamo Dogs asked if I wanted to play disc with Tempest in her show. So of course I said YES!! Here is our first appearance on Saturday night...
Dynamo Dogs is a good name for it. What a little bundle of energy she is!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member

You guys are AWESOME! I keep forgetting she is so young when I watch her!