Trick Challenge: Crawl

MaryK

Honored Member
I am so chuffed to bits with my Leia, she has achieved the challenge (y)
Now the biggest challenge is how to get it on video ( I am going to attempt this tonight ) ;).

Leia yesterday just before training.>View attachment 2862
Congratulations!:)(y) You've every right to be chuffed with Leia's skills. She looks gorgeous in the photo, all keen and ready to train.:love:

Evie

Experienced Member
I love watching all of the 'first training session' videos!! It's nice to see that we're not the only ones who do everything other than what's supposed to be done :rolleyes::D Evie's default move when she's confused is to 'sit pretty' or poke her tongue out at me ... :cautious:

I was too late to spot this thread to actually join in on the challenge, but on the plus side, seeing the challenge motivated me to teach Evie to crawl!

As a pup I started teaching it to her and she got to the point where she'd crawl along the ground for a few steps if my finger was there for her to crawl to, but she could never do it independently..... until now!!

I guess backwards crawl is the next step :/

running_dog

Honored Member
I love watching all of the 'first training session' videos!! It's nice to see that we're not the only ones who do everything other than what's supposed to be done :rolleyes::D Evie's default move when she's confused is to 'sit pretty' or poke her tongue out at me ... :cautious:

I was too late to spot this thread to actually join in on the challenge, but on the plus side, seeing the challenge motivated me to teach Evie to crawl!
I love watching the training session videos too, I learn SO much from them when I see how other people handle their dogs and relate to their dogs. I don't get to see many people training positively (as we mean it) in the real world so it is brilliant to see all of the different trainers in these challenges.

Do post a video of Evie though if you can... we'd love to see her crawling, late is fine, the challenges are to motivate us so as you've been motivated you are already participating whether you realise it or not :cool:

summerkat

Good evening all, well I have tried & tried to film Leia properly and failed its so hard to lure & film her.
But;) I have managed to get her over a few attempts so what ever I manage to share I cant promise its going to be plausible. When I can work out how to put a video on that is.

So forgive me if its a lame attempt. x

running_dog

Honored Member
Good evening all, well I have tried & tried to film Leia properly and failed its so hard to lure & film her.
But;) I have managed to get her over a few attempts so what ever I manage to share I cant promise its going to be plausible. When I can work out how to put a video on that is.

We all know how hard it is to film your dog, especially the first time. There are no lame attempts because the very fact you've made the attempt and got to this stage means you are amazing (y). I can't wait to see Leia in action. If you need any help with uploading just post a question and we'll try our best to help!

Evie

Experienced Member
I love watching the training session videos too, I learn SO much from them when I see how other people handle their dogs and relate to their dogs. I don't get to see many people training positively (as we mean it) in the real world so it is brilliant to see all of the different trainers in these challenges.

Do post a video of Evie though if you can... we'd love to see her crawling, late is fine, the challenges are to motivate us so as you've been motivated you are already participating whether you realise it or not :cool:

I managed to find some sunshine to make a video in :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Still having major ISP problems. Anyone in Australia do NOT use Telstra, they're terrible! Have videos ready but cannot get this page to load properly, so will try again later. So sorry, this is awful!

Congratulations to everyone, so looking forward to seeing your videos.

MaryK

Honored Member
Well not sure how long this will last but we've actually got a decent connection.

Here is Leaf's Blooper Video - it was soooooo hot, flies attacking from the air and ants from the ground - Leaf didn't settle well, neither did I:eek:

MaryK

Honored Member
And here, still in broiling heat (only time partner could video for us) is Leaf's Crawl Challenge.

Story line: Leaf collapses, quick check she's still alive, she manages to crawl a little way, then rises to limp a few more paces. Then she says her prayers, thankful to have survived. After a quick morsel to help sustain her, she runs around Mom and poses prettily in sit pretty.

MaryK

Honored Member

No lame attempts! I respect that you're trying to video yourself. My one attempt, almost lost the camera!:eek:

To put the video up - first upload to YouTube or one of the other sites like it. Copy/paste the url of where your video will be showing. Then on this site go to 'media' icon, click and a little pop up window will appear. In that window use the code [MEDIAyoutubepaste in your url[/MEDIA] and voila you're done:D

MaryK

Honored Member
Not one of our best efforts so far...
Hopefully I'll be able to post a late update when the dogs have got crawl figured out properly :)
LOL loved watching Gus and Zac. Zac has the same kind of crawl as Leaf's - bumpy Butt - but his is better, Leaf was keeping her butt up the entire time! They've both got great crawls.(y):LOL: