Zeus Doesn't Appear Too Well

Gordykins

Experienced Member
Oh, Zeus, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well!

Mary, I'm so sorry that I didn't see this post until now, but I'm so glad to read that Zeus is better. Give him a good scratch behind the ears for me. Tell him that I just adore him!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Sara: He's looking more and more like a 'normal' dog now, gaining weight though his muscle tone isn't right back yet.

Southerngirl: I'm so happy too, as you can well imagine:D

Tx-cowgirl: He's just been given ALL 8 hugs! And he says thank you very much:D

Kassidy: To be honest, the 'lump' to me anyway, looked more like a 'shadow' as if somehow something had cast one of the xray, not a 'lump' as I've seen, sadly, in the past. So not sure what caused her to think 'lump'. Guess whatever must have gone. His breathing is a lot better too, it was a bit 'off' before.

MaryK

Honored Member
Well I'm glad he's better, our prayers have been answered! Make sure to give Zeus lots of extra lovin' for everything he went through! :)
Yes all our prayers sure where answered, thank you so much:)

LOL he sure is getting loads of extra lovin', in fact I got the 'look' the other night as if to say 'Hey Mom, don't get too mushy, you know I'm not a cuddle bug" but I think secretly he does enjoy all the extra fuss, just doesn't want to show it too much:rolleyes::D

He's putting on weight now, definitely, I can see it and he's stronger in his hind legs, though they still need to tone up a bit more. Can't wait for his vet to see him, she's going to be over the moon, he's looking so well.:D

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh, Zeus, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well!

Mary, I'm so sorry that I didn't see this post until now, but I'm so glad to read that Zeus is better. Give him a good scratch behind the ears for me. Tell him that I just adore him!!
Thank you, I miss a post at times too so don't worry.:) He's doing so well and says 'thank you for the scratch behind the ears'. I've told him and he says 'thank you for adoring him". He really is such a wonderful dog, nothing fazes him, he's always 'there' for you all the time, well worth adoring that's for sure:D:love:

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm so glad Zeus is doing better now :)
Thank you:) He's 'back to normal', could still use a bit more weight and that short back and sides haircut makes him look thinner, but hey he's my "Zeus' again. Now all I need is for him to chew up some jocks or socks and I'll know with absolutely certainty he's back to normal:D:rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
Good news all around
Yes thank goodness!!!!!!!!!! We get the 'all clear' next week. It's a holiday here on Monday, so he'll go back after that for a check up, to make sure the infection has completely cleared. I'm not concerned, as he's getting fitter every day, putting on weight and getting his muscle tone up to the mark again.:D

MaryK

Honored Member
So glad to hear he better!
Thank you:) I'm not worried about him getting the 'all clear' I'm sure he'll 'pass' with flying colors. He goes back next week for a check up, now he's been off the medication for a week. Then he'll just go for six monthly checks.:D

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Mary is having computer problems, but asked me to post the following update on Zeus after his most recent vet visit - and as soon as her computer is fixed or somehow resurrected, she'll be back on DTA:

" Zeus is really doing so well, just a mild little bit of infection left, so he's back on very light antiobiotics, plus will need another urine test to ensure he's totally clear. Also that he'll be having a urine test every two months to make sure he stays clear, as cushings lowers the immune system and does cause a dog to be very prone to infection, especially urinary ones. And that all his other major organs are in very good condition."

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Jackie:D

Finally, the computer is working again, the old one just didn't support web sites.

Zeus is still continuing to do really well. Gaining weight, still needs a kilo or two more to be back to his correct weight though but no longer looking like an escapee from a doggy concentration camp, thank goodness!

He has to be checked, (urine sample) every couple of months or so, but his vet is over joyed he's pulled through and is doing so well.

Just need his hind legs to strength a bit more. Seems to be worse, understandably, when he's been laying down for a while, but walking he's just fine.

Any tips on how to strengthen an older boys legs would be appreciated. I give him a massage which does seem to help.

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts, prayers and wonderful support. To see my Golden Oldie back to being himself again is such a rewarding sight!:D