You know you did a good work on teaching your dog tricks, when...

szecsuani

Experienced Member
So, this could be a funny thread.:msngrin:

...when you bend down for something you dropped, and your dog jumps on your back.
...when you put your hands in your pockets, and your dog rolls over/does a trick.
...when you only buy cheese if it's already cut into little cubes.

Your turn!:dogwink:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member

... your dog touches her nose when she wants to go outside, eat or play!
... your dog chases its tail for no good reason.
... your dog does about 5 different trick spontaneously to get a treat!

E

emmasmamma

Szecsuani, Emma does jump on my back when I bend over to pick up something, but I can't take credit for it. She just started doing it on her own. (:dogunsure:That's a trick? Then where's my treat?)

storm22

Experienced Member
.... when you go outside eating your breakfast and your dog begs then rolls over
.... when your walking down the road and you look down to see your dog only to find he's not there hes walking on top of a fence(dam agility)

szecsuani

Experienced Member
emmasmamma;5504 said:
Szecsuani, Emma does jump on my back when I bend over to pick up something, but I can't take credit for it. She just started doing it on her own. (:dogunsure:That's a trick? Then where's my treat?)
I am now teaching that trick, and it's so hard!

(My back is full of scraches...)

...when you find yourself murmuring commands, and making a plan on how to teach a trick, even if your dog is not around.

luna may

...When you avoid saying the word 'Walk' and wriggle out of it using original expressions such as 'I seek a journey mildly remote from my current domicile' xD
...When you sit on the couch and Achooo! pointedly, with your hand poking out of the blankets and a treat in the other, waiting for a tissue...
...When you find yourself lying in bed on a blank white night, counting tricks to sleep (Sit, down, beg, jump, roll, bang...)

morgancherilyn

You look around for your pup because you haven't seen her in forever, only to realize you told her to stay while you went to get the mail, and forgot to release her!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
...when she tries to shake the hand of every new person she meets.
...when you tell her to wait at the door and wonder why she won't move to go outside, then remember you didn't tell her she could.
...when she's won't eat because she's still in the wait position that you didn't release her from.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
luna may;5532 said:
...When you find yourself lying in bed on a blank white night, counting tricks to sleep (Sit, down, beg, jump, roll, bang...)
I did that once!
But for my best friend, when we were at a classouting. She fell asleep after about 10 minutes.... (but I was explaining all the tricks I listed, and told her hpw I tought them...)

luna may

Originally Posted by luna may
I did that once!
But for my best friend, when we were at a classouting. She fell asleep after about 10 minutes.... (but I was explaining all the tricks I listed, and told her hpw I tought them...)
Lol I was just joking around with that one... Or at least I thought I was! ;)

E

emmasmamma

...Or as with a co-worker of mine,...when talking to your spouse, you have to spell the words P-A-R-K or W-A-L-K to avoid having the dog spazzing out and running for the leash!:doglaugh:

szecsuani

Experienced Member
emmasmamma;5622 said:
...Or as with a co-worker of mine,...when talking to your spouse, you have to spell the words P-A-R-K or W-A-L-K to avoid having the dog spazzing out and running for the leash!:doglaugh:
:LOL:
...when you locked yourself out of your house, and you tell your dog (who is inside) to dig, and after 15 minutes, you can climb into the house, through a big hole.
Alright, this wasn't good...:msngiggle:

drivingtenacity

emmasmamma;5622 said:
Or, when your dog knows what those words spell (and Zena does) and you have to drag out the thesaurus for new words.:msniwonder: I'm running out of synonyms, here.

hockey390

How about when you leave your dog and your friends dog in a truck with the keys sitting on the console and one dog steps on the door lock button so you have to wait for someone to bring you a spair set of keys.. And you put your hand up to the window near the unlock button and request a "high-five" which upon attempt nearly unlocks the car door =-o
It was soooo close too. I think Emma would have had it if we had another 5 minutes =)

szecsuani

Experienced Member
hockey390;5707 said:
How about when you leave your dog and your friends dog in a truck with the keys sitting on the console and one dog steps on the door lock button so you have to wait for someone to bring you a spair set of keys.. And you put your hand up to the window near the unlock button and request a "high-five" which upon attempt nearly unlocks the car door =-o
It was soooo close too. I think Emma would have had it if we had another 5 minutes =)
This could be an intresting trick! :LOL:

krazykaine3

...when you are talking to your friends and use words like "sit" or "down" and your dog responds to each one.

...when call your dog to come and he jumps over every bush and obstacle to get to you.