Who Else Here Uses Dog Power?

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
No, they aren't too small you just have to get or make a cart that is proportionate. It is so fun and really great for parades or if you're doing therapy work and taking them to hospitals and such. People love it! Then when you go for a walk in the park they can take the cart/wagon and carry the picnic. :)

threenorns

i have everything i need to build a cart except for the wheels - one of these days, i want to get on it bec i think it'd be a blast, having dandy bring home the groceries or bring the garbage to the dump (not by himself, although that would be *so* funny!).

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I like to bike with my dog, but he matches the speed of the bike and doesn't pull me. He is not a very high energy dog. It is good though I guess because I don't have to worry about him taking off after something. He is good about ignoring the birds when we are biking because he is sensitive to where the bike is and he is very respectful of the bike.

I am training my neighbors dog to run next to me when I am riding my bike, because I am not sure I could trust him if I allowed him to pull it. ;)

MaryK

Honored Member
That looks like totally AWESOME fun!!!!!! Not sure though if Leaf would be big enough. Something to keep in mind for the future.:D

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I have not used both but I like my springer, I've had it for a loooong time! LOL!
Thanks for replying, my only worry is that they say that the safety feature has a quick release in case your dog goes the other side of a lampost to you but where I want to take her is the coastal cycle path which is beside quite a busy road and I would be scared she ran across the road. How have you found the quick release?

MaryK

Honored Member
Can you scooter with a 7kg PugX, a 6kg Pomeranian or a 3kg BichonX? :LOL:
:LOL: You could try harnessing them as a team of three:LOL: That's a combined weight of 19 kilos wow! Just joking! Still think may be Leaf will be a bit to small even for scooter she's now about 11 kilos.

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Thanks for replying, my only worry is that they say that the safety feature has a quick release in case your dog goes the other side of a lampost to you but where I want to take her is the coastal cycle path which is beside quite a busy road and I would be scared she ran across the road. How have you found the quick release?
I never had a problem with it, I'm pretty sure I have replaced that piece with something else now, I've had it for a really long time, I don't actually know if they are making it the same as mine was, it is still going though after nearly 20 years(not hard core).

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Can you scooter with a 7kg PugX, a 6kg Pomeranian or a 3kg BichonX? :LOL:
Yes! definitely, you put them in a basket on the front!
Actually, you could teach them to pull, but myself I'd like to fix up a springer thingee for a scooter so you could run them without jogging yourself, what a quarter of a block or so? and I would teach them to pull their own carts -they are adorable on tiny ones! Of course you always need to be sort of careful with the pug and the pom in the heat.

Honored Member
Yes! definitely, you put them in a basket on the front!
Actually, you could teach them to pull, but myself I'd like to fix up a springer thingee for a scooter so you could run them without jogging yourself, what a quarter of a block or so? and I would teach them to pull their own carts -they are adorable on tiny ones! Of course you always need to be sort of careful with the pug and the pom in the heat.
Holly (the PugX) would actually be the best at it, she is the stongest and has a very muscular broad chest, she has a very stocky build. Lewis (Pom) and Skye (BichonX) have both got very light builds and I don't think they could pull anything. Lewis is a kg lighter than Holly but is actually taller and looks bigger, under all his fur is a very delicate dog. Skye is just tiny all over, we arn't sure if we will be able to even get a dog harness for her (we just got her).

Holly is the one that does obedience, rally-o and agility (although Lewis is starting all three too). She's a bit exteme. Very athletic, has an extremely fast recovery rate after exercise (pretty much stops panting as soon as she stops running). She doesn't have a short pug nose at all.

It would be pretty funny to have them all harnessed together though :LOL: