What type of dog trick impresses your friends the most?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Here is another question to spice up the forum on the dta, what type of dog trick impresses your friends the most? I know that each friend will have a different favorite trick, but overall, which one do you think generates the most energy and enthusiasm?

Please answer the poll and share your experiences bellow (just click on the orange reply button).

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah cop cop is a cool trick, but I think it looks better when you do it than me. :dogwink:

I would put cop cop in the Orchestrated trick category. ;)

fickla

Experienced Member
Well as much as I love showing off more complex tricks, the ones that seem to generate the most awws are the cute tricks. Especially the easiest ones of rollover, bang, and beg.

bellapup

Shy is the one that Bella always wins people over with. People are really impressed with her hoop jumping too. I'd love to learn a better way to train her to leave a treat on her nose though...she always turns her head away.

xena98

Experienced Member
Gabby is just so good at it that she does it in the most inappropriate times that she trips me over lol.....

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
For me personally, I think that 'shy' (which is to put right paw on top of nose), gives the most 'awws' of any other tricks. :D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Yeah, "buddy,are you shy?" DOES get a lot of "Awww's" from people. They right away like my dog after that one, as if he is actually shy.:msngiggle:

People laff hardest at Buddy's "Ey, Buddy,Wanna Beer?" and Buddy enthusiastically barks. That one kills.:ROFLMAO:

I often preface it (setting up a 'cute' trick with conversational remarks is helpful for most impact, i think) by saying he is new dog to us, and that so far, his only problem is alcohol. Then i turn to buddy, and say, "Buddy, you wanna Beer?" and he barks, and I say, "See what i mean..? He always wants a beer.." the folks just laff and marvel over this.

His card trick is amazing, but now that i read above post, is true, folks enjoy the "cute" tricks the best, people like one that makes them laff or coo. The card trick does neither.

my newest trick, that took me a whopping three months to teach, is= I turn to buddy, ask him a political question, and Buddy shakes his head "NO!". :dognowink: This is only funny to people who agree with me politically, but to those who do, is quite hilarious.:msngiggle:

Oh, i've also named one Buddy's ugliest toys, a rubber chicken, after one of Craig's most annoying pals...i can turn to Buddy and say, "Buddy, Which toy reminds you of Bert!?" (i can change up the question, the cue is the word "Bert"...) and Buddy comes back with this hilarious rubber chicken:ychicken:...Luckily, Bert has sense of humor..:msngiggle:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Everyone really loves Mud's wave and "Hutt, hutt, HIKE!" (hiking a football). Those two seem to get the most oohs and awwws. But I guess it kinda depends on the audience. Some people really love the jumping tricks. And my family just loooved the Easter egg hunt. :dogwub:

drivingtenacity

I've found that out of all Zena's tricks, the one that people seem to like best is the one I didn't teach her. Playing point guard. Just try to get a basketball past her fast snoot and paws.:msngiggle:
Hey, what happened to my signature?

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Well, I wanted to sign cute tricks, agility tricks, and orchestrated trick, but then I chose agility trick, as Pami's handstand always impresses anyone. :)
But as she is a really cute dog, with some really special looks, people always just want to hug and kiss and pet her as she is "soooo cute!" :)

tunnels97

:dogbiggrin:I have taught my dog max alot of cute tricks and thoses are the ones that impress my family and friends the most.

desertranger

Jin's 8months old and has already passed intermediate obedience. the trick everyone is most impressed by is his fetch the other ball at the park. Walking with a soccer ball and a chucki-it I drop the soccer ball and continue to walk throwing the chuckit. After a few tosses the soccer ball is several huindred feet behind us. In a quiet voict I tel Jin "Go get the other ball" and he takes off after it bring it back in a couple of minutes.

yoyopoodle

When Charlie reads it impresses everyone! Unfortunately, all of the written words he knows are incredibly basic... sit, down, shake, circle, back-up, roll etc...

People are also impressed that he knows the correct direction when I tell him to spin to his left or right, and that he responds to spoken sentences ("Go lie down on the bed, on your side, and put your head down.").

The most impressive trick of Harmony's is partly in the name - when I say "Monkey Dog" she will leap into my arms from the front. When she is excited, she'll climb onto my head and shoulders, like a 37lb monkey ;)

-Jillian