What Our Dogs Have Eaten

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Read the book "Marley and Me" if you haven't already. That dog ate some interesting stuff. There's a story about him eating a gold chain, and what the owner's had to go through (literally!) to find it!

gators mom

Gator WAS chewing my carpet, but bitter apple stopped that. He has started to eat my table legs and I'm fixing to break the bitter apple out again for that. He distroyed a pair of head phones, he's chewed on one of his mats. He chews my blankets every night.

threenorns

dandy has eaten:

rocks (chewed them up and pooped pellets)

a tree stump: it was the perfect size to make a comfie chair to sit on - had a cushion and everything - at the beginning of the summer when it started to show out from under the snow. dandy decided he hated it, so he ated it: by the end of the summer, the stump was nothing but a hole in the ground about a foot and a half deep with a few sad bits of foam cushion padding scattered around and a pair of sly eyes peering up just over the grass.

the bathroom i was renovating: he ate 2x4s out of the wall and chewed up one corner of the drywall i'd just finished putting in (the drill scared him, so he decided it was the drywall's fault).

the 2x4 i was using to block him from getting out the patio door: he gnawed one end of it enough to get a purchase, pulled it out from the track, opened the door, and booked it.

sara

Staff member
Wow! As BAD as Mouse was... she wasn't bad enough to eat whole tree stumps, drywall and 2x4's! LOL

Mouse is still bad though... The cat opened the dog food cabinet, and Mouse managed to eat her fill... Literally, it looked like she was about to deliver 10 puppies! Out came the peroxide, and a couple of hours later, (after some laboured breathing groans and grunts she literally sounded like she was in labour LOL) She puked up at least 2 full cups of food.... Mouse is 8 lbs...:rolleyes:

threenorns

oh - forgot to mention the power cord to the shopvac and the blender - chewed them to bits (they startled him, so he waited to exact his revenge).

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Years ago when I had my big dog, I made the mistake of offering him the last bit of my popsicle -- when you get it down to the bottom and there are just those two bits sticking on either side of the stick. Somehow, at the speed of light, he sucked down the entire popsicle stick. I couldn't believe it. I looked in his mouth, checked the floor, nothing. He had to have swallowed it. I didn't want to make him puke in case the stick lodged on its way up, so I waited for it to come out the other way.

It took 11 days.

And, terrifyingly, it came out as a hard, poo-encrusted popsicle stick, perfectly intact. Unbelievable. I thought that, since it was just pressed wood, the stick would soften into shreds and get passed out safely. Nope, it was a hard stick making its way slowly through his intestines, for 11 days. Yikes!