What Is This Move Called?

MaryK

Honored Member
Helicopter is a great name!(y) LOL I can see a vid for training trainers how to 'spot' when spinning, so they don't get dizzy! Just watch how the DOG focuses on the object, their eyes never leave it, that's the trick for trainers! Find a 'spot' somewhere as a marker, could be a particular tree, anything and with each 'spin' make sure you 'spot' the chosen object. This will stop dizziness, it's the way dancers do it.:)

Anneke

Honored Member
I think it is a combination of sidestepping, circle around and facing outward.
If you want to teach this to your dog, I think that is how I would break it down.
Facing outward(back towards me), circle around, circle around outward facing, sidestepping, sidestepping in a circle, sidestepping facing outward...
Sigh, not one for me, I'm afraid. I just can't get the sidestepping done...
But it looks spectacular though!

Anneke

Honored Member
Yes, i'd be happy if I could get the sidestepping next to me done, though.
I saw this on Pamela's facebook, the other day. It looks like a great way to teach it, now I only need to find a place where I can do this. No backyard, no stairs like that around...

Mutt

Experienced Member
Sigh, not one for me, I'm afraid. I just can't get the sidestepping done...
But it looks spectacular though!
I don´t know if you have already seen it but Pamela Marxsen just put up a video
teaching sidestepping by using stairs (front paws on a higher object and than stepping aside),
maybe something that will work for your dogs?
link

Though sidestepping sure is a though one, haven't started on training it yet but the elephant trick did take us some time.

Like your idea of cutting it into small pieces, that's probably how I would teach it too. :)