What Dogbreed Would You Choose

running_dog

Honored Member
Sorry I'm quoting myself:rolleyes: but I forgot to add that I would rescue any dog in need, that I could help.:) But, hehe, lurchers are my first pick.:cautious::D
Sorry, I know this is digging up a really old thread but one lurcher is just never enough...
IMG_7518.jpg

If there were no lurchers I'd go for a saluki or doberman. But I sometimes meet individual dogs I'd like to have and they are rarely the breeds I'd have chosen (so far an airedale terrier, a labrador, a border collie and a french bulldog of all things O_o). There is something about the individual dog that shouts louder than the breed/type.

southerngirl

Honored Member
There is something about the individual dog that shouts louder than the breed/type.
I'm with you on that I used to be like I want a Border Collie so so bad, but know there really isn't a specific breed that I want. When choosing my next dog I will choose based on personality not there breed. I have yet gotten to choose a dog. and I'm excited for when me and Missy move out and are able to add a new dog that we've picked out.
But I do have a love for Labs. They truly are amazing dogs. There will always be a lab, labX in my home.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Sorry, I know this is digging up a really old thread but one lurcher is just never enough...
View attachment 3079
If there were no lurchers I'd go for a saluki or doberman. But I sometimes meet individual dogs I'd like to have and they are rarely the breeds I'd have chosen (so far an airedale terrier, a labrador, a border collie and a french bulldog of all things O_o). There is something about the individual dog that shouts louder than the breed/type.
Great picture by the way. Did you draw it? What is your favorite thing about lurchers? What draws you to the breed?

running_dog

Honored Member
I'm with you on that I used to be like I want a Border Collie so so bad, but know there really isn't a specific breed that I want. When choosing my next dog I will choose based on personality not there breed. I have yet gotten to choose a dog. and I'm excited for when me and Missy move out and are able to add a new dog that we've picked out.
But I do have a love for Labs. They truly are amazing dogs. There will always be a lab, labX in my home.
So for you one dog is simply never enough :LOL: like this...
IMG_7519.jpg

All with different personalities and all one big happy family!

running_dog

Honored Member
Great picture by the way. Did you draw it? What is your favorite thing about lurchers? What draws you to the breed?
Yes I drew the lurchers (and the dogs), glad you like them.
I don't really know what it is about lurchers.
I do like their elegance and their speed.
They are usually very gentle with people.
They are often a bit independent in the way they think.
They are usually easy to lead train (I don't like lead training much).
I enjoy the mental challenge of thinking up how to solve their recall challenges (I won't know what to do with myself if Zac goes on progressing at this rate, yesterday he refrained from chasing a pheasant that went up almost under his nose).
They are energetic but they have an off switch.
So I guess it is that the whole lurcher package suits me! Although they are all diverse crossbreds therefore quite varied in type they are one of the commonest types of dog to turn up in rescue centres. So I don't think I'll have any problem finding another when the time comes. But I would love to have a saluki one day.