What Dogbreed Would You Choose

madeleine

Experienced Member
If you’re dog breed didn’t exist. What other breed (of mix) would you have chosen? Most likely then.

Since I can't go for the kelpie
I would go for a Koolie. :love:
Or maybe a Harzer Fuchs.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Whatever dog no one else wanted, who is in need of some help.

whatever breed is sitting in the death row box...

I'm especially a total sucker:rolleyes: for dogs who will be killed if no one gives them a chance to have a good life, to be understood and cared for and loved.

southerngirl

Honored Member
same as tigerlily any mutt or purebred(probably mutt that is in need of a home, especially the shy timid ones and ones no one else wants i'm always drawn toward them. Everyone may be crowded around this loving sweet dog, I'll be with the scared timid dog that no one else wants. It's like my old rabbits there were two everyone in my family wanted this really friendly one, I wanted the scared timid one we keep both, I've never loved a rabbit as much as that one.

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
I think most of here are very into rescue - all 6 of mine are but that doesn't mean there aren't certain breeds/ breed traits I wouldn't like:

For size/demeanor alone:
Irish Wolfhound
Leonberger

For intelligence /training especially:
Aussie [Done]
Border Collie [Done]
Bearded Collie
Pyrenean Sheepdog
Portuguese Water Dog
Berger Picard - we have two at our agility club - love them!

sara

Staff member
Of course most of us would rescue any dog in need, however everyone has to have a list of favs, which is what I did LOL. I wouldn't set out to get a dachshund, yet I have 2, no way would I set out to get a fluffy little kleenex box dog, yet I have one. I do have 2 terrier types, which is totally my thing :)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Border Collie(Missy is part, but I would love a purebred)
American Pit bull Terrier
Australian Cattle Dog
Canaan
Corgi
Dalmatian
Labrador Retriever(Chase and Missy are mixed with it I'll probably always have some type of Lab in my house mixed or purebred)

Honored Member
I like large dogs, although I have never owned one (so maybe when I do get one I might change my mind ;)).
There are to many breeds that I like to list them all, but I'm really liking Standard Poodle and German Shepherd for my first large dog (probably wont be for at least 3 years though), because they are large but not too massive, are not drooly, are smart and hopefully I'll be able to do agility and/or obedience and/or some other dog sport with whatever dog I eventually get.

Puppylove

I think most of here are very into rescue - all 6 of mine are but that doesn't mean there aren't certain breeds/ breed traits I wouldn't like:

For size/demeanor alone:
Irish Wolfhound
Leonberger

For intelligence /training especially:
Aussie [Done]
Border Collie [Done]
Bearded Collie
Pyrenean Sheepdog
Portuguese Water Dog
Berger Picard - we have two at our agility club - love them!

My mum is getting a Leonberger!! Her puppy was born 5 weeks ago so she still has a few weeks wait but she's definitely getting a boy, the breeder has already confirmed it's hers! We're all very excited :D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Sara is right, we all do have favorite breeds,
so the breeds i'd most like to find in "needs a home" box would be
~border collie
~german shepherd (except they shed so much but i love that breed very much)
~belgian malinois (except they shed so much, but i love that breed very much)
~standard size poodles (for their intelligence, trainability and love of water, cuz we live by lake)

for sheer looks alone,
i am huge fan of the looks of
Irish Wolfhounds<--wow, stunning dogs, just stunning....such sweet faces, too. If you ever see one, you just stop and stare, such majesty, such dignity, wow. what a dog.. Whenever i get the rare chance to admire one, these dogs even seem to emanate wisdom, kindness and a quiet power...you have to see one in real life, to see what i mean.

Afghan Hounds<--you have to see one in real life, to see what i mean, wow. such beauty, and when they run, wow!

Beagles<---undeniably CUTE dogs!! with cute body shape, too. Who doesn't smile to see a beagle?

border collies;) such a natural looking dog, so nicely proportioned, with such neat markings on them, and lovely faces, and just right size, not too small, not too big, and their white-tipped tails are so cool, like flags...

greyhounds<---their faces, their eyes, wow...a greyhounds eyes can't be beat, imo, probably most gorgeous eyes in the dog world, imo.

schnauzers, especially the giant sized ones, wow. what a dog! so impressive to watch one, a real show stopper, imo.

basenjis---just too cute, with that constantly perplexed face!:ROFLMAO:

and mixes, some of the coolest looking dogs i've ever seen have been random, unknown mixes..

i guess i better stop, i could keep going and going...:rolleyes:
and lots and lots of other breeds i admire the looks of the breed very very much, well, actually, i like most any and every dog i see!:ROFLMAO: