We're Invited...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by CollieMan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. CollieMan Experienced Member

For those who hate the sound of people blowing their own trumpets, turn away now.

We've been invited to take part in a dog display team this year! Hoorah for Ellie.

Now to get practising in readiness.

2. xsara New Member

Hooray for Ellie! That's amazing :) Congrats!!
  3. Jean Cote Administrator

Nice! Congratulations! What will you be showing?
  4. CollieMan Experienced Member

It will be a set routine as set by the team leader.
  5. Jean Cote Administrator

Is it an obedience or agility show?
  6. CollieMan Experienced Member

More a display of tricks and obedience, as far as I know. I only learned of the invite yesterday so I'll know more soon.
  7. Jean Cote Administrator

Ah cool! :) That will be a great experience for you and Ellie! :) Have fun!
  8. snooks Experienced Member

How wonderful for you and Ellie. This looks like quite a prestigious show. I do hope you'll have someone there to video your routine. I would love to see it. Congratulations!! :dogcool:
  9. xena98 Experienced Member

Congratulations Collieman. Hope you can get a video of it so we can all have a look
    cheers
    Danni and the girls
  10. maven New Member

That looks like great fun! For you and Ellie both :) Congratulations on the invitation.
  11. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

YAY! BIG congrats to the both of you!!!!!

Good luck, hope all goes well, and have tons of fun! :)
  12. jasperaliceuk Experienced Member

Wow - congratulations - do hope we get to see some of it!

Sue
  13. CollieMan Experienced Member

There will be videos and photos. :)

One small hiccup we have to overcome first... Ellie has entered into a phantom pregnancy! It's sort of funny in a way, but I can't help feeling sorry for her.

She's adopted her wubba and a tennis ball as her two pups, which she now carries around and places next to her belly, and whines if she can't find them. (Shubert and Dilbert as I've nicknamed them. :))

Bless her, she can't eat, she's as miserable as a UK winter morning, has really swollen nipples, and keeps 'nesting' everywhere.

Touch wood, it won't interfere with practise and it will be over before the Belton Horse Trials!

P.S. I have two pups available soon. Shubert and Dilbert. They will be pre-trained to stay, but won't have any recall skills. :)
  14. snooks Experienced Member

Hopefully they'll be weaned in record time and found new loving homes in time for serious training. She sounds like such a sweetheart.
  15. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

Poor girl, but....
    xDDDDDDDDDDD

Ahem. I'm sorry. Poor little Ellie. Do you take deposits on your pups? Lol. :dogwink:
  16. CollieMan Experienced Member

Obviously, the two pups will be in great demand, so book early. Shubert seems to be the bigger of the two. :)