Well That Was Discouraging..

Discussion in 'Training Challenges' started by KatieMarie, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Gripster Active Member

I agree with everything above - Great response!

2. Gripster Active Member

Excellent advice and so gently spoken.
    MaryK likes this.
  3. MaryK Honored Member

We all make mistakes KatieMarie but the wonderful thing is our dogs forgive us and understand:love: Their love is pure and unconditional:love: The best part is you now know how and what to do and results will quickly follow(y) So don't be too hard on yourself:)
  4. huntyr Well-Known Member

KatieMarie and just remember we all have days that we just don't feel like doing things.
    and if the only wayKriket could get the message out to you was to refuse to do anything,
    then freezing up is what she did.
    Huntyr does that to me...
    our training sessions have to be really short...
    we can do as many behaviours I want, as long as we only do each a few times.
    Other wise, he just sits there looking at me, like..."again? didn't we just do that?"
    So as disappointed as I am because I want him to play more...
    I have to move on or call the session for another time.
    Dogster and MaryK like this.
  5. MaryK Honored Member

I agree totally Huntyr, Ra Kismet who LOVES to train has his 'off days' too. Like the other day when he got a new soccer ball after his Big Bro demolished his other one, train? do tricks? not likely all he wanted to do was play with his brand new soccer ball. So that's what we did, played 'soccer' together and trained again the next day:D

Dogs are like us, they do have days when they're just not in the mood and freezing is one way of showing us that it's 'not to day Mom'.
    Dogster likes this.