Unflattering Dog Photos

Honored Member
I know this is a cat (not a dog) but last week I got this cute picture of Grace.....

and when I went to take another she woke up....

lol, she does not have a cute sleep face at all :D . This is actually the picture I first thought of when I saw this thread because I only took the photo recently.

This is what she normally looks like:

This is the cat that plays with Holly, earlier today she was teaching Holly to stay off the table by smacking her everytime she tried to get up there, but they secretly love each other and play chase at least once a day (Grace even initiates the play herself by chasing and pouncing on Holly).
Grace was actually a stray that turned up at our house nearly five years ago and no one wanted her. The SPCA even said there was a chance she would be put to sleep if we took her to them because they were so crowded. So we kept her and now everyone who meets her wants to take her home (she hides her evil side when visitors are here :cautious:)

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
OMG you captured the half-smushed cat sleepy face! I have never been able to catch that on film, I love it. My late dog had droopy lips and when he would sleep, sometimes there would be a slight lip wrinkle and I wish I had a picture of that half-squashed face of his ...

Honored Member
Oh yes, the smush face! I hadn't really thought about it like that (on a cat). Our cavaliers used to get it, especially if they slept leaning on each other or the arm of the chair. The double-smush-face was best but rarer as it required the dog to sleep between a human and the arm of the chair or something else on both sides.

Holly doesn't really get smush-face. She gets bed-hair but her lips arn't droopy at all so no smush-face :(

The cavaliers also had 'snood-face' if someone pushed their face skin forward so it was all wrinkly. One of the cavaliers sometimes wore a snood for eating (to keep his ears out of his food) and it nearly always slipped forward and caused a 'snood-face'.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
So far; I'm voting Pawtential the winner with 648's last dog picture coming in a close second!!

Even at the derpiest, they are still a bunch of cutie pies!!

Here's our "entries" :D

Bath? Really????

Not my best look:

I don't get paid enough for this!!!

Brain freeze:

Sorry for the overload...I couldn't decide. :p

Dogster

Honored Member
So far; I'm voting Pawtential the winner with 648's last dog picture coming in a close second!!

Even at the derpiest, they are still a bunch of cutie pies!!

Here's our "entries" :D

Bath? Really????

Not my best look:

I don't get paid enough for this!!!

Brain freeze:

Sorry for the overload...I couldn't decide. :p
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:O_o:ROFLMAO:

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
So what happens if you carefully stuff a Kong with kibble and pumpkin and trip over the dog on the way to putting it in the freezer? What happens if, let's say, said dog gets bonked with the wrong end of a Kong?

Photo1598.jpg

You're wondering, does pumpkin stain white dog fur? Why yes, yes it does.

And yet another unflattering photo opportunity presents itself ...

MaryK

Honored Member
OMD!!!!!!!! Veronica is so funny and cute love the pics, especially the Christmas one and the bath one:love::ROFLMAO::LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
So what happens if you carefully stuff a Kong with kibble and pumpkin and trip over the dog on the way to putting it in the freezer? What happens if, let's say, said dog gets bonked with the wrong end of a Kong?

View attachment 1846

You're wondering, does pumpkin stain white dog fur? Why yes, yes it does.

And yet another unflattering photo opportunity presents itself ...
So funny and now I know, pumpkin does stain:ROFLMAO:

rouen

Experienced Member
Most of the pics I have are of Dingo, mainly because he's sooo expressive.
This was taken at our old house, we had a big male akita next door and when he barked it sounded like thunder booming, totally caught Dingo off guard.

Shaking it up, decked out in his ruffwear boots and backpack.

And this was Sam, she was a foster I had a few years ago. She's the reason I love terriers. She was bobbing for pasta in this pic.

luckylego

Experienced Member
And the best part was that those pictures weren't just flukes!! She held both of those expressions for a good 2-3 minutes before I even pulled out the camera.. She's such a clown :love:

MaryK

Honored Member
And the best part was that those pictures weren't just flukes!! She held both of those expressions for a good 2-3 minutes before I even pulled out the camera.. She's such a clown :love:
Wow! That's amazing! You're so lucky!:D If I don't have the camera or phone to hand, bad luck, no chance of racing to get either:(