Trick Challenge: Crawl

southerngirl

Honored Member
So neither Missy nor Piper has learned the trick... because it's the end of the school year so I have a lot of tests, projects and I just took the SAT Saturday. I will try to post what we have so far tomorrow.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Sorry, I forgot to post this yesterday. She's not doing it perfect yet, I admit I haven't spent more than 30 minutes total on this trick, I've been insanely busy. Sorry the video is really wacked up, for some reason my editing tool made the walls apear to move around.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Okay, people. Here it is! Please excuse the chit chat in the background. I am homeschooling my two youngest kids, so I train Brody when they are supposed to be working independently.
That was wonderful to watch! I loved seeing you and Brody working together. I agree that with all the challenges you have with Brody, you have a great relationship with him. Excellent work!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Have a great "b'day family party weekend thing", it sounds like it will be fun but exhausting :)
Thank you, my Mum had a wonderful time but, yes, I am exhausted! I ended up staying a bit longer down at my Mum's so am just back in Wales tonight so haven't had time to record and post yet.. I am still in this challenge just running a bit late. Sorry all.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Sorry, I forgot to post this yesterday. She's not doing it perfect yet, I admit I haven't spent more than 30 minutes total on this trick, I've been insanely busy. Sorry the video is really wacked up, for some reason my editing tool made the walls apear to move around.
Well done you two! You are doing great for 30 mins work on this trick!!! Keep us posted on your further progress!

running_dog

Honored Member
You guys are doing really well too! Well done! Love the patience and calmness you have with Gus' excitement. Zac is doing really well, how is he now, is he feeling better?
Thanks Ripleygirl, I'm trying to improve on the patience I guess some of yours from Ripley's back to back challenge video might be starting to rub off on me :cool:

Zac seems to be feeling better so we're being cautiously optimistic :)

running_dog

Honored Member
Thank you, my Mum had a wonderful time but, yes, I am exhausted! I ended up staying a bit longer down at my Mum's so am just back in Wales tonight so haven't had time to record and post yet.. I am still in this challenge just running a bit late. Sorry all.
No problem, glad your Mum had a good time and you have survived :sleep:

running_dog

Honored Member
Well done, Chloe is looking good for 30 minutes of training... at that point Gus was probably still intermittently trying to "crawl" by scooting on his back with his paws in the air :LOL:

running_dog

Honored Member
So neither Missy nor Piper has learned the trick... because it's the end of the school year so I have a lot of tests, projects and I just took the SAT Saturday. I will try to post what we have so far tomorrow.
That's okay, this challenge deadline seems to have caught everyone at a busy moment. I'm looking forward to seeing where you've got to. I've realised from trying this time with Gus as well as Zac how much more time it takes to train two dogs!

Hope all your tests and projects go well :).

southerngirl

Honored Member
That's okay, this challenge deadline seems to have caught everyone at a busy moment. I'm looking forward to seeing where you've got to. I've realised from trying this time with Gus as well as Zac how much more time it takes to train two dogs!

Hope all your tests and projects go well :).
Yes, training two dogs is a challenge. I went to record it today and my batteries died.:eek:
Thanks, end of the school year kills me. I'm glad that I only have 11 more school days and I'm done with high school.:D

MaryK

Honored Member
Before I answer any posts, so sorry for the dreadful delay but our ISP has been giving us h*ll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: We've been off line, though the bill has been paid for the last three months and we're ahead by one month. But seems Telstra has somehow managed to put the payments thru to the wrong a/c #. Taken all this time to get the dolts to finally, all fingers crossed, resolve the matter. And we're STILL waiting for the checks, refunds for the over payment (we had to pay again can you believe it). Anyway enough grouching, we're back now - and I will be posting a very much delayed video of Leaf's crawl chain on Sunday. I missed the light this Sunday, partner was on the phone for so long trying to get the internet matter sorted.

Leaf's doing well and will move onto the next challenge when I check it out:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes, training two dogs is a challenge. I went to record it today and my batteries died.:eek:
Thanks, end of the school year kills me. I'm glad that I only have 11 more school days and I'm done with high school.:D
Isn't it always the way, the darned batteries die just when you need them most!:):rolleyes:

Training two dogs, especially when one is a youngster, is darned hard work. You're an amazing trainer though, not many people could achieve what you can.(y)

Woweee it'll soon past, even though it seems like an eternity, then off to college!:D

MaryK

Honored Member
View attachment 2865
River hasn't started yet.... He had a dental a week ago. Not a huge deal except he could not stop licking his little shaved spots on his legs. 2, because apparently he has challenging veins. Now he has to wear a cone because they were getting irritated and anything I put on them he wouldn't leave alone. I think we might end up doing a chain without the crawl.
Poor Rivers, nothing worse than a visit to the dentists:eek: I agree with running dog, he does still manage to look very cute even with the collar. And he's being a sensible lad, not demolishing his collar as my late beloved Rakins did. No thought of training then, I was too busy trying to 'stitch up/fix' a very wrecked Elizabethan collar:rolleyes:

Hope he's feeling much better and more comfy now:)