The Yellow Dog Project

Discussion in 'Training Challenges' started by k9 crazed, Feb 13, 2013.

1. k9 crazed Experienced Member

Dice Smith and MaryK like this.

2. MaryK Honored Member

Thank you for sharing, I do know of this but it's always good to be reminded. Plus this site shows all the counties where it's been adopted.:)
  3. Linda A Experienced Member

I learned about this on facebook and think it's a great idea. Some one suggested a red ribbon for dogs with aggression issues. Sort of like putting a red ribbon on the tail of a horse that kicks.
    MaryK likes this.
  4. Pawtential Unleashed Experienced Member

I really wish this and D.I.N.O.S. would take off in a major way - so many people could use the help and would use the systems if other people knew what they were and how to respect them...
    MaryK, Linda A and Dice Smith like this.
  5. Evie Experienced Member

I used to do that with my horse when I was showing and I'd still get people and horses a like ride right up behind us :@ It's like they were trying to get kicked... :rolleyes:

Love the yellow ribbon idea in theory, it's just a matter of making more people aware of it.... which is easier said than done, but hey, this is a good a place as any to start!
    MaryK and Linda A like this.
  6. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I love this, I read about a while back. I agree that it just a matter of making people aware.

I've considered doing it with Remi on our walks in busy places, because kids run up to him and he tends to nip at the face when he is to excited (Its ment to be a kiss) And I would be given the chance to teach younger children about the project.
  7. raymond upton Well-Known Member

it's a great idea but it will take awhile for people to become familiar with what it means when they see the yellow ribbon
  8. Linda A Experienced Member

Our parks have poop bag dispensers. Might be a good idea to print out some of the signs and post them on the dispenser poles. LOL!
    MaryK likes this.
  9. Linda A Experienced Member

What is D.I.N.O.S.?
    MaryK and k9 crazed like this.
  10. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

Dogs In Need Of Space I think
  11. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I might actually have to do this! Good idea! (y)
    MaryK, Linda A and k9 crazed like this.
  12. MaryK Honored Member

The red ribbon is used extensively with horses with may kick, hopefully a yellow ribbon will catch on with dogs.

Great idea with the poop bag dispensers!
  13. MaryK Honored Member

Correct:)
  14. southerngirl Honored Member

MaryK likes this.