Teaching Stand

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
dawg, this was a fun thread. i laffed right out loud, so silly.
RDog, you might be right, getting a dog to follow a cue when you are lying down, might indeed, be The Ultimate Trick challenge! rofl! Those ppl would be like the equivalents of "Black Belts" in dog training, ha ha!!
Ey, if you ever do have a "Tricks Challenge" with eveyrone trying to get their dogs to do a trick while they lie down, i wanna see all that, rofl!:ROFLMAO:

charmedwolf

Staff member
It just reminded me of this:

On a different note I used to have a chart of commands with columns that had differnt positions you had to be in. I wonder where it got to. I should try and find it. It's definitely a great way to test your limits and training.

running_dog

Honored Member
It's definitely a great way to test your limits and training.
Exactly! I thought I had trained Zac's tricks pretty well until I had to stand/sit/lie in a slightly different position and then... well I had to start training them all over again just like with distance. I think that for safety all dogs should be trained to at least "come" "down" and "stay" with the trainer giving the command lying down, if you have an accident and your dog is running around freaked out it is going to help that it knows you sometimes call it or anchor it when you are lying down. Not that my dog can do the come part yet!

I love the ideas in the video - especially while luring a different behaviour. And if you ever find your chart I'd be really interested!

Anneke

Honored Member
Oooh I love that video from Susan Garrett!! Forgot all about that one!! She has such good controle over her dogs!!!
And wouldn't you just love to have her house!!! My oh my, that would be a fantasy come true:D
I just did a session lying down. And had fun:LOL: It didn't go as bad as I expected!
I'm uploading to youtube now, so I'll be posting it in a minute.

mewzard

Experienced Member
Anneke!! I was LOL!! Loved seeing how much fun you were having! I may see about having a go at this tomorrow with Oka. Interested to see how she does!! Got to vacuum first though, bloomin' winter coat!!

Anneke

Honored Member
Well I was suprized at it too!! I usually sit on a chair, on my knees, or stand up.
But it was funny to see all the things they were trying to do.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
i LOVED the smaller dogs verbal complaining, that you were lying down! (or, at least, that is what it looked like to me, to me, Smaller dog (Jinx?) sounded like he was saying, "Come on Mom, get up" rofl.
my dog makes a very similar noise when he does NOT get what he wants, like, when we drive BY his favorite park, instead of pull into the park, he makes a noise very much like your dog did in the video...or when he pesters us for a walk,
but does not get one,
he slumps to floor and makes noise just like your dog did in this video.
adorable!! too funny!

Anneke

Honored Member
Jinx always "talks" alot. I love that about her. When she is confused, or frustrated, or impatient, or exciteted...:D
Cooper is the quiet one. He rearly barks. Only time when you hear him is when his favorite persons come to visit. But then it sounds like he is screaming:D

charmedwolf

Staff member
I was able to find the chart! Or at least part of it.... It was ripped in half and chewed on but I got some of the positions. It's every command you can possible try while in these positions. It would definitely test your training!

Standing
Laying in bed
Child pose
Reading
Sitting
Sitting on the counter
In downward dog
Tree pose
Kneeling
Sitting at the dinner table
Jumping
On your stomach
Standing on the counter
Skipping
On your back
In the Car
Running
Crawling
On the coffee table
Hopping

running_dog

Honored Member
LOL! Lots of ideas Charmedwolf, I'll have fun trying these, Thankyou!
I'm going to get lots of those O_o looks from Zac!