Teach Your Dog The Cover Their Eyes Trick Original Training Tutorial (video)

Dice Smith

Oh my gosh!!! Yay!!!!! :) I am so glad that this is working for you guys! And I love that your dogs are catching on so quickly! I too trained this trick to Kodi while having him lie down simply because that's the way he wanted to do it lol :) Once I stopped trying to get him to learn this trick while sitting up I found that he learned it faster too! Again, I'm so glad that these methods are working for you guys :) And I'd love too see videos of the finished trick too! :)

Anneke

Honored Member
Jinx is getting it! Today's session started with the halti on, but only as a reminder. After two times, she rubbed it off and continued to offer the behaviour!! Yay!! I have started to add the cue and I need to add duration. Very good progress in only four sessions!!!
She made me laugh just now, when I started a session with Cooper. She was right next to me watching. Patiently(that's new:D) Then I switched to her session and then went back to Cooper, since he is a session behind and a little slower.
And from the corner of my eye, I see Jinx doing Shy time after time:ROFLMAO: Silly girl.
But Cooper is doing well too, he is confused when the nose-strap isn't on, but he does know it has something to do with his paw and his nose:LOL: But I'm happy with his progress, as well!

Dice Smith

Jinx is getting it! Today's session started with the halti on, but only as a reminder. After two times, she rubbed it off and continued to offer the behaviour!! Yay!! I have started to add the cue and I need to add duration. Very good progress in only four sessions!!!
She made me laugh just now, when I started a session with Cooper. She was right next to me watching. Patiently(that's new:D) Then I switched to her session and then went back to Cooper, since he is a session behind and a little slower.
And from the corner of my eye, I see Jinx doing Shy time after time:ROFLMAO: Silly girl.
But Cooper is doing well too, he is confused when the nose-strap isn't on, but he does know it has something to do with his paw and his nose:LOL: But I'm happy with his progress, as well!
e
I love that they're catching on so quickly! My sister's lab gets jealous easily too when I train Kodi. She is a slow learner to but always wants to get involved and get a yummy treat too lol so we let her join in. I love that Jinx does it while you work with your other dog :) Kodi does that if I ignore him and work for Trixie. Ah, dogs are so smart and wonderful aren't they?
trick academy.jpg

Anneke

Honored Member
Yes, Cooper does it too. He knows cross your paws very well, so when I'm doing this with Jinx, he will do it too:D
I love that.
Love your signature picture!! Kodi is a very handsome Aussie!!

Dice Smith

trick academy.jpg
Oh my gosh!!! She caught on so fast and she looks so adorable doing it!!! And I love that she's adding duration to it. Kodi loves this trick so much that he'll usually start to offer it on his own for his favorite toy to lol! Dogs totally seem to know that they look cute when they do this trick!

Anneke

Honored Member
And Jinx is doing it without the headcollar now!!! Yay!!! I'm putting the cue on it. It does need some perfecing, but this is working soooo well!!!
Cooper still needs the help of the headcollar, but he is also getting there!!
Thank you so much for this trainingtip!!!
I'll see if I can get it on vid tomorrow.;)

Anneke

Honored Member
Here is where I'm at with Jinx. She has added a little pawdance, which I'm trying to fade. Ialso need to build up duration, but for now I'm very plesed!!