"scratch My Back"

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
LOOK AT THIS CUTE TRICK!! (not sure if this one is already posted here somewhere??)
ANYWAY, i LOVE videos like the one below
where ppl explain STEP BY STEP *how* they taught the trick.

I can't wait to try it, but i kind of wonder if a 50 lb dog could (or should) do this?? hmmmmmmmm...i'll have to make sure his nails are smooth, ha ha!!
http://youtu.be/Yh2UAo0UrsQ

Anneke

Honored Member
I like this trick, but I don´t think I´ll teach it to Jinx... I won´t have any skin left on my back!! She bends her toes even when just giving paw!! Sometimes I think she is a cat, that´s how she uses her paws! Auwch!!:D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
yeah, i'm beginning to reconsider teaching my 50 lb dog to do this trick after all, maybe is only for very small dogs who have had a recent manicure, too!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Wow, i hadn't looked at the DogTrickAcademy CLASSROOM for a while, WOW, more videos than ever now,
and all soooo well made,
so easy to understand!! KUDOS TO YOU, JEAN!! I LOVE those kind of videos, with step by step demos!! LOVE IT!!

Some are tricks/cues i'd never seen before.

thank you for the great videos!! BEST EVER!!!!!!

new bear

Thanks for sharing my video with others, tigerlily45614. For those of you who have big dogs, you can alter the trick a bit by having your dogs to massage your back rather than scratch it. You can teach your dogs to step with different paws slowly (a little wobble board may be a great way to start and give your dogs an idea to start off) and transfer that behavior to a piece of paper and finally to your back while you are sitting on a stool or standing. This way, you will not have to worry about the long nails and the strength that your dog have. :)

bekah1001

Honored Member
Thanks for sharing my video with others, tigerlily45614. For those of you who have big dogs, you can alter the trick a bit by having your dogs to massage your back rather than scratch it. You can teach your dogs to step with different paws slowly (a little wobble board may be a great way to start and give your dogs an idea to start off) and transfer that behavior to a piece of paper and finally to your back while you are sitting on a stool or standing. This way, you will not have to worry about the long nails and the strength that your dog have. :)
oomg great idea. that would be so funny since my mom is a massage therapist

new bear

NEW BEAR!! THAT VIDEO IS *YOU*??? wow, kudos!! YOu are a talent!! Nice to meet you!! How long have you been training dogs??
Thanks for your comments! This video is about a year ago when I just started training dog tricks, after reading dog books for about 4 years. I got inspired to train this trick when I saw a maltese scratching its owner's back on a youtube video. :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
to NewBear-----WOW AND wow, so impressive, such a great tutorial, especially since you had JUST STARTED training tricks when you made that tutorial!? KUDOS!!!