"scratch My Back"

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks' started by tigerlily46514, Aug 26, 2011.

1. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

LOOK AT THIS CUTE TRICK!! (not sure if this one is already posted here somewhere??)
    ANYWAY, i LOVE videos like the one below
    where ppl explain STEP BY STEP *how* they taught the trick.

I can't wait to try it, but i kind of wonder if a 50 lb dog could (or should) do this?? hmmmmmmmm...i'll have to make sure his nails are smooth, ha ha!!
    bekah1001 likes this.

2. Anneke Honored Member

I like this trick, but I don´t think I´ll teach it to Jinx... I won´t have any skin left on my back!! She bends her toes even when just giving paw!! Sometimes I think she is a cat, that´s how she uses her paws! Auwch!!:D
    bekah1001 likes this.
  3. bekah1001 Honored Member

I would have red marks all on my back! :p:D
  4. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

yeah, i'm beginning to reconsider teaching my 50 lb dog to do this trick after all, maybe is only for very small dogs who have had a recent manicure, too!!
  5. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

Wow, i hadn't looked at the DogTrickAcademy CLASSROOM for a while, WOW, more videos than ever now,
    and all soooo well made,
    so easy to understand!! KUDOS TO YOU, JEAN!! I LOVE those kind of videos, with step by step demos!! LOVE IT!!

Some are tricks/cues i'd never seen before.

thank you for the great videos!! BEST EVER!!!!!!
    Jukes likes this.
  6. new bear Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing my video with others, tigerlily45614. For those of you who have big dogs, you can alter the trick a bit by having your dogs to massage your back rather than scratch it. You can teach your dogs to step with different paws slowly (a little wobble board may be a great way to start and give your dogs an idea to start off) and transfer that behavior to a piece of paper and finally to your back while you are sitting on a stool or standing. This way, you will not have to worry about the long nails and the strength that your dog have. :)
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  7. bekah1001 Honored Member

oomg great idea. that would be so funny since my mom is a massage therapist
    new bear and tigerlily46514 like this.
  8. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

NEW BEAR!! THAT VIDEO IS *YOU*??? wow, kudos!! YOu are a talent!! Nice to meet you!! How long have you been training dogs??
    new bear and bekah1001 like this.
  9. new bear Well-Known Member

Thanks! Your mum will have a helper then! :)
  10. new bear Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comments! This video is about a year ago when I just started training dog tricks, after reading dog books for about 4 years. I got inspired to train this trick when I saw a maltese scratching its owner's back on a youtube video. :)
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  11. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

to NewBear-----WOW AND wow, so impressive, such a great tutorial, especially since you had JUST STARTED training tricks when you made that tutorial!? KUDOS!!!
    new bear likes this.
  12. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

NewBear, you should post some more of these! I LOVE THEM!!
    bekah1001 and new bear like this.
  13. bekah1001 Honored Member

new bear likes this.
  14. new bear Well-Known Member

Thanks! I will try to post more tutorials if I have thought of any cute tricks to teach Xiao xiao. :) I am currently teaching Xiao xiao to massage my leg. :)
  15. new bear Well-Known Member

Thanks! :)
  16. new bear Well-Known Member

Here is a video of Xiao xiao massaging my leg and some other tricks that I taught Xiao xiao and Jaguar.

17. bekah1001 Honored Member

hehehe that's awesome XD
  18. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

I LOVE the trick where cat chooses which fist has a treat! wow!