Rucker Works On 2o2o.

jordyquint

Experienced Member
This was his third session working on 2o2o with the teeter. I love his confidence! Several people have suggested that I use 4 paws with him instead because teeter weights vary at competitions, so to not risk injury, I will continue with that. At least, I know he'll do solid with the A-Frame and Dog Walk when the time comes! We'll also continue to work on 2o2o as well, just not with the teeter.

Any other comments? Suggestions? I love to hear them!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
MARVELOUS work, and what an ingenious ramp! You must have built this yourself? clever as heck!
Your dog is doing awesome job of not jumping off to the side of the ramp prior to getting to the very very end, too, so hard for some dogs to master, but your dog does.
GOOD JOB!

What is 2o2o? What is "4 paws" mean?

jordyquint

Experienced Member
2o2o is when the dogs hind paws are on the contact and the front paws are on the surface of the ground. Basically the dog learns to stop in that position as you see in the video.

4 paws is when the dog stops at the end of contact, but instead of having two paws on and two paws off the contact, the dog will have all four paws on the contact.

I hope that makes sense! :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
ohhhh, okay, i get it now. Yes, i did see your dog doing that, i had never heard of these terms, thanks for explaining it all!! You explained it very well!

Dogster

Honored Member
I LOVE the teeter totter!!!!! Shivon hasn't learned it yet, she just knows the jump, tunnel and A-frame.:) Rucker is AWESOME at the teeter totter!!!!!!

dogcrazy

Experienced Member
Great job Jordy and Rucker!!!!:) For a dog his size I would do the four paws for the reason you said above: not to risk injury

Anneke

Honored Member
Great job!! He's really confident!!!(y)
One little thing I would do... As your teeter is already tipping on one end, I wouldn't go back and forth, but only let the dog go up the end that stays on the ground.
The left side goes back up, when your dog gets off it and he jumps on, when it goes back up. That way you are creating a potentially dangerous situation. I would rather see you circling around to the other end(the one that goes back down, when your dog gets off the other end);)

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Great Work with the teeter, Jordy, it can take dogs ages to get this but Rucker seems such a natural! I love the teeter, have you made that yourself? Did it cost much to make? I have made some equipment myself but haven't attemped a teeter yet...! Great that it is adjustable height too.

Luckydogwhisperer

Awesome work, especially just for your third session! He's got great 2o2o and 4 on, so you could go with either, but to not risk injury, I would also recommend 4 on, although great job teaching both! It's tough to teach two different things on the same piece of equipment, but you and your genius little Rucker make it look easy!

Lucky