Raw Food?

MaryK

Honored Member
ROFL!!! Rakins sure LOVES fruit!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Hmm, don't know where the kangaroo meat is from, maybe they have farms.. (????O_o)

KFC warning: Even a dog can't digest it.O_o LOL:LOL:
ROFL!!!!!!!!! He sure does but he NEVER takes any inside the house, he's polite:LOL:

Don't think they have farms for Kangaroos, going to have to check into this, make sure it's safe:unsure:

ROFL that's a good signage for KFC if my Rakins, with his cast iron stomach, cannot digest it that says a lot:ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
What I know about raw food is, you have to switch very s..l..o..w..l..y. It can be hard on a dog's stomach. You know when you're switching too fast if you're dog is sick the next morning...:confused:
Thank you Dogster, will make the switch slowly, don't want upset tums:eek:

I do know I just couldn't feed whole or part animals, that would upset MY tum and mind, I would still see them alive:eek: I have read it's very good and of course, wild dogs eat this way, but with mine I just couldn't do it, too sooky I guess:(

It's bad enough thinking of having to handle raw meat at all:eek: Will get gloves, shut my eyes and turn off my nose (I cannot stand the smell of meat, cooked or raw, especially steak:sick:).

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh good Madeleine, then it should be good for the boys:) Going to get some tomorrow, gird myself I hate meat, and make the change. Gotta do it for the boys health:)

MaryK

Honored Member
I got some freeze dried food made from Kangaroo for my mutts a few times... I cant remember who made it though. They LOVED it! Check out Addiction Foods they have a kangaroo protein based dry food as well as NZ brushtail, venison and other good, unique proteins.
Thank you Sara:) Checked the link and WOW didn't realize Kangaroo meat was THAT good! I haven't seen the brand available here, typical, but can get just the fresh (which can be frozen of course) Kangaroo meat and will mix in some apples. Ra Kismet will eat it for sure, he LOVES apples (well any fruit including Lemons) not sure about Zeus, will have to try a wee amount on top and see how he goes.

The guide on amount to give your dog was very helpful, as I had no idea how much they should have, the packets don't help on that one. It's going to be actually less than the kibble per serving but of course much better for them(y):)

I'll google 'Australia only' and see if it's available here, may be just online. No good ordering from Canada or anywhere else overseas, customs quarantine would be sure to confiscate it:(

LOL if I ate meat, I'd be eating it myself, it sounds delicious:LOL:

sara

Staff member
It's made in Canada, New Zealand, USA and Australia, I do believe. if you look at the top of the page you can change your location... I obviously put Canada, as that's where I am LOL

MaryK

Honored Member
Wouldn't you know it, just tried to google and LOL got how much Australians are addicted to junk food, pages of that, but nothing on Addiction Foods per se. Will ask at my pet market and see if they've heard of it.

MaryK

Honored Member
It's made in Canada, New Zealand, USA and Australia, I do believe. if you look at the top of the page you can change your location... I obviously put Canada, as that's where I am LOL
Duh!!!! Didn't think to do that, will try again. Thanks Sara, I'm having a 'dumb day' I think, LOL well it is Saturday here, that's my excuse anyway:p

MaryK

Honored Member
Unbelievable, available in New Zealand but NOT Australia:mad:(n) I may just have to email the company and find out why and if they are planning to sell here. Or move to New Zealand or Canada:D

Dogster

Honored Member
I got some freeze dried food made from Kangaroo for my mutts a few times... I cant remember who made it though. They LOVED it! Check out Addiction Foods they have a kangaroo protein based dry food as well as NZ brushtail, venison and other good, unique proteins.
I feed Addiction dehydrated raw (the brushtail one) and canned (rabbit) Maybe I should try dry food... But I think she's got too many foods already...O_o:D:rolleyes:

But Global Pet Foods here doesn't sell Addiction, so I have to order it from them. I'm like the only one...:D

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I have been feeding my dogs raw food for about 2-3 years now. The main reason that I switched from kibble is my dogs were constantly sick on kibble. I would even purchase the most expensive and supposedly "natural" kibble from specialty pet stores. My husky would always end up puking it...

Then a friend of mine recommended frozen raw food packages and I've been giving them that ever since. I would honestly prefer to give them fresh raw food but it's kind of an inconvenience, always having to go to the grocery store, etc... Whereas the frozen packages I can keep in my large freezer.

I am no expert on the subject and would really need to research more to give my dogs a better variety of things to eat.

Puppylove

Gretel won't eat certain things raw so I tend to cook these things like a stew and mix it with the things she does eat raw..