Please Tell Me I'm Not The Only One...

Evie

Experienced Member
So i'm sitting at work on my dinner break and notice that my bag has more of my dogs belongings than my own.....

It has; a tug toy rope, a stick shaped tennis ball thing, my clicker and treat bag. A bag of liver treats and a dog lead and harness....

Am I ther only one who has more of their dogs belongings in their bag than their own? :-(

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
lol!! too funny! :ROFLMAO:

The other day, we were packing up to go to a park with Buddy,
and not being entirely sure where all we might stop along the way,
i ended up briniging along various leashes, toys, treats, a gallon of water to pour over the dog when we get there to keep Buddy cool, plastic bowls, bottles of water to put in the bowls, the clicker, his "tie-out" (a 50 foot line used for bonfires in the woods so we don't have to worry about Mr BunnyKiller taking off if we zone out) some dog toys, poop baggies, etc etc.

and me, i just have my special travel cup, my sunglasses, and my purse for my driver license.:eek:

well, in fact,
many items are default dog items in every vehicle that Buddy might ever ride in,
such as poop baggies,
leashes, kept in every car,
water bottles and bowl,
a doggie towel,
some doggie toys,
and a brush for getting out mud, sand, or cocklespurs out of his fur before he gets back into car for trip home.

those items are just left in the cars at all times, so we can just bring the dog.:rolleyes:

DOGS! The things we do for love...

Dogster

Honored Member
LOL, I'm the same.:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I pack toys (so she won't get bored), bowls, food, poop bags, treats and a clicker (cuz you never know when a training opportunity might come along!!), blanket (cuz she won't lie down anywhere else:rolleyes:) and water.

I usually forget to pack myself.:cautious::LOL::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Dogster

Honored Member
Seriously, at a friend's house on Sunday, she slept on my lap:cautious: (she's not exactly the lightest dog, imo:rolleyes::cautious:) cuz she wouldn't lie down on the deck. She lay down on a towel my mom brought her, but she liked my lap best. You should've seen how happy she was to lie down on her bed at home....:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I know, such a princess...:ROFLMAO:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
:LOL::D :ROFLMAO::p .... a head on fire... :ROFLMAO::LOL: ... still laffing!!! :ROFLMAO: P.S. - I love the crown! :D

And just yesterday, when I got home with Makena from being out doing some searches, I asked her why the heck it felt like I was unpacking the car from a vacation or ?? cuz there was so much 'crap' - and all we did was go do a few searches a few miles away. But yeah - I always have my purse and maybe a bottle of water - and a carload of dog stuff. :confused: :LOL:

Honored Member
Holly has a bag of stuff that we take to obedience class and agility. It contains (excluding the harness and short leash that she leaves the house wearing):

- Canvas treat bag
- Zip-lock bag of good treats
- Zip-lock bag of less-good treats (kibble)
- Zip-lock bag of cheese (extra good treats for recall in distracting environments)
- Towel (for drying her/putting on car seat)
- Long leash
- Seatbelt attachment for car
- Clicker
- A pen
- Poop bags
- Tea towel (for tugging)
- Big ball thing for playing and tugging
- Two little tennis balls (one has a hole in it from when she first learn't to fetch)
- Two target discs (lids) - one for paw and one for nose
- Water bottle with attached bowl thing
- Baby wipes for getting dog and treat residue off my hands and getting the worst of the mud off Holly's feet
- Holly's jacket (in case it gets cold)

That's all I can remember, it all stays in her bag (except the good treats and cheese that are in the fridge).

Also I take gumboots (I bought them specifically for taking Holly out) in the car if we are going to the dog park.
Other than that all I take for myself is keys, cell phone, iPod and purse.

And I need to get Holly a flashing light thing for her collar for the pre-agility dog park play to add to her bag.

She doesn't take all this stuff for normal walks, just for class and other outings in the car.

So, yeah, I don't find dog stuff in my bag because she has her own bag full of stuff

Honored Member
ROFL! :ROFLMAO:

Thank you, thank you :LOL: .

And I can't really see anything that I could leave behind. It all could be needed :D .

It's amazing how much stuff Holly has (not even including toys). It's her birthday at the end of September and I'm already thinking of more stuff she "needs". I'm going to have to make a list and pass it around my family so everyone can pick something to buy her :ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//" I'm going to have to make a list and pass it around my family so everyone can pick something to buy her :ROFLMAO:"//​
64, THAT is brilliant...:eek: ....woah, why have i never even THOUGHT of this?? 64, i think you should win another prize, for "Best Idea of The Day"
and hopefully, the prize for that will more exciting than space-saving shrinkable bags......​
Dogster, or SouthernGirl, or Evie (OR whoever gets here first)​
go ahead and tell her what she won...