Pissing At The Correct Spot

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you:D Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's just so cute!!!!!!!!!! Love the first pic, the way she's so politely crossing her back legs. Absolutely ADORABLE! I'm in LOVE:love:

farwyn

Hey ! Thanks for your kind words , i really appreciate your concern :) . By the way , is it normal that she likes to bite sooooo much everything ... including me? I know she aint stacking any force while biting me and shes doing it for fun and all but is it normal ?

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes, perfectly normal for a puppy to be mouthy. One, it's their way of exploring the world and two it helps with the new adult teeth coming through, like a human baby.

But I would definitely redirect from her chewing at you to chewing a toy, it can get painful believe me. You can get puppy chew rings, which are kinda like baby teething rings only stronger, or just buy her some good chew type toys. Kong have toys for all sizes and ages, a bit more expensive than some toys, but they LAST!!!!!!!!!

A little gentle mouthing is fine, just use a cue like 'gently' but it can get to be very hard as she grows a little more, so let her chew gently but also introduce her chew toy, that way, as she gets older and there's a chance the mouthing can get harder, it won't be a huge problem.

Some puppies, like my late gal Tiger Lily are always gentle, but her Bro Zeus (my golden oldie) was the opposite.

Ra Kismet my youngster was very mouthy and painful with it too right from the start:oops: . So it does differ with puppies, but it's all perfectly natural:) You're lucky, seems like you've got one of the gentle ones.:)

farwyn

Well i've taught her some commands already by accident :p (no treats yet as they havent arrived) and one of those is no which is supposed to make her stop whatever shes doing . She usually listens and after a couple of repetitions loosens her grip or completely ignores whatever shes into already but when shes really excited about something she ... just cant cope with it and lets loose :p Btw her poop are in the liquid form again , any tips ?

MaryK

Honored Member
Well i've taught her some commands already by accident :p (no treats yet as they havent arrived) and one of those is no which is supposed to make her stop whatever shes doing . She usually listens and after a couple of repetitions loosens her grip or completely ignores whatever shes into already but when shes really excited about something she ... just cant cope with it and lets loose :p Btw her poop are in the liquid form again , any tips ?
You're doing well but instead of no, use 'leave' it's not as harsh sounding as no - which can in moments of stress become NO NO NO - so use leave instead, which is a great command for any dog to know, like if they try to eat the decomposing corpse of a bird when out on their walk:eek:

Did you change her diet? This can easily cause liquid stools if you change her diet from what the breeder was feeding. Any change of diet, but especially in pups, needs to be gradual, otherwise loose stools are the result.

Just watch her and if they remain loose, especially as you say they are liquid, see your vet. It's better to be safe than sorry, but I would say she's on a different diet, or maybe just a little stressed after a long train journey, new home, surroundings etc. Keep an eye on her though.

MaryK

Honored Member
At long last she pooped and peed in the garden thats a blessing !
Well done! That's really grand, so quickly too, but she still needs a lot of attention, she's not 'house trained' yet but hey well on the right track!(y)