Opinions Please...

MaryK

Honored Member
I've been wondering about that too. I know Evie B was going to try it. Maybe p.m. her and ask how it went - then let us all know. I do know that somewhere I read it does have grain, but cannot recall which/what/how much. I'm considering it for my two boys, so am interested in other peoples opinions too.

Dogster

Honored Member
It looks okay...
I would go for something with a bit more meat. Are you looking specifically at a weight-loss formula? Carbs will actually help a dog gain weight, not loose it. Also, beet pulp is a controversial ingredient, dog food analysis says it's " a high fiber by-product of sugar beet processing." I also think there's too much salt and yeast in it. Yeast is also controversial. Dog food analysis says:
"Yeast can be a controversial item. Although yeast can sometimes be a by-product of the beer making industry, this ingredient can contain up to 45% protein… and is rich in other healthy nutrients.
Fans believe yeast repels fleas and supports the immune system.
Critics argue yeast ingredients can be linked to allergies. This may be true, but (like all allergies) only if your particular dog is allergic to the yeast itself."
You can read about controversial ingredients here: http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/frequently-asked-questions/dog-food-ingredients/

Mutt

Experienced Member
If you want your dog to loose weight you can stick with your original food, but try:
- feeding less (the packing always indicates more than nessacery, feed with your eyes)
- more exercise (though I have the idea this is not the problem)
- feeding green beans (this gives them a satisfied/replete feeling)

Personally I prefer dogfood with a lot of meat and don't mind rice, grains are less favorable, but that is just me :)

threenorns

just speaking from my dog, he can't handle most grains except oats and rice (oatmeal is rare and i wouldnt' waste our time giving him the empty carbs in rice).

he gets raw meat, raw bones, raw veggies, raw fruit, and both raw and cooked egg.