November Challenge?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by sarhaspups, Nov 25, 2008.

1. sarhaspups New Member

Doesn't appear that there is a November challenge this month?
    I've been away from this site for a few months but I'm back and was hoping to see some good challenges to get us going active again. :)

2. Jean Cote Administrator

We didn't have any challenge in November. Mainly because there was not much interest in the last two challenges. But if you want, we could have one in December... Is there any trick in particular that you'd like to train? :dogsmile:
  3. sarhaspups New Member

hmmmm,,,,, one that is on my to do list is 'shaking head no' Like asking youre dog, do you want a bath? and having him shake his/her head no. I haven't started that one at all yet.
  4. sarhaspups New Member

OH and how about 'give me a hug' ,,, dog puts paws on humans shoulders and lays head down for a hug?
  5. szecsuani Experienced Member

Oh that hug thing is so cute!!!!
    I started to teach it, but Pami has so huge nails, that my shoulders were bleeding after 2 sessions, so I stopped it... :LOL:
  6. Jean Cote Administrator

Maybe you could trim her nails or wear a sweater? Unless there are other ideas I think that the December Challenge will be 'Give me a hug'. ;)
  7. kujo3405 New Member

that sounds kool. id have to bend down for my dog lolz
  8. jenclerm Experienced Member

Sound cool... but erm... this one might be tricky with my little low rider.... :p but I guess I can put him on a taller serface. :)
  9. storm22 Experienced Member

sounds good, ive taught luka to give a kiss so maybe a hug would be great too,

when i ask luka for a kiss he comes up and snuffles your check its soo cute lol
  10. minimalva New Member

I saw a contest where dogs should paint a "pice of art" with a brush in his/her mouth. Maybee this could be used in some challenge?
  11. szecsuani Experienced Member

Her nail can't be cut becouse the part where it bleeds if you cut it (I don't know the name in English), already reach the ground, so I can do nothing about it... :dogwacko:
  12. storm22 Experienced Member

that sounds awesome too lol
    are you going to make it a contest if you are i wont start training that till then
  13. Jean Cote Administrator

OK I will make the Blowing Bubbles contest, see you there shortly. :)
  14. storm22 Experienced Member

cant wait to start trainign, i wonder how it will go both my dogs love water (well dirty puddle water not so much the clean stuff lol)
  15. snooks Experienced Member

We're trying but the icy weather will make it interesting :) Will have to use warm water. Puppy is having fun. My shy girl won't even drink or eat out of most bowls. So this may be a great bridge for her just to try new things even if no bubbles happen for her.