Not only digging but....

alix

Ok, I am frustrated today. Both my dogs like to dig and to eat plants. The other day I had to run after Queeny to get the Tulip bulbs out of her mouth, so my concern is not only that my garden looks like a disaster zone, but this could also be very dangerous for them. Hopefully in May I will be moving to my new home, where I will make a corner for them with tiny gravel, hiding treasures like toys and bones, but in the meantime I am renting, and before my landlord sees the mess I decided to clean it up on this springy day. I bought 3 bags of earth and grass seeds to do my patches. Placed the bas of earth on the patio, went inside to change clothes, and when I came out, they were both on top of the piles of earth, tore the plastic bag and eating the earth. Now I understand their nature for digging, they are terriers, but eating earth? How am I going to manage this, any ideas?:dogangry:

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Maybe you could try that you leave them in the garden, and you go in the house, and watch them through the window, and if they start to dig/eat something, you could just run out, and then scould them. Try this a few times, maybe it works...:dogwub: