Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
If I could get them back that would be WONDERFUL. :) If it's not too much trouble. If you can email them or something?

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Is it just me, or is there a small(very small, but still noticeable) spike in new members? I see at least one who wandered in from Twitter! This Twitter/Facebook thing is looking like a good thing here.
Although I still refuse to get either.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
All this newness is a great thing. ^^ New members, more discussion, more knowledge for all of us...we are all winners! :D
I'm stoked. I think when all the "updates" are done with I may just burst from excitement.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. :) I will be happy too! But the clock is ticking, I have to get back to work as soon as the snow starts to melt, so unfortunately I won't be around much afterward. Of course I will still stop in on the evenings and weekends but it's not the same. :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Well it's good to have you back while we do have you. :) Maybe our other mods will be back by then to help keep it running smoothly...?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking of asking others if they wanted to moderate. Especially since members will now be able to create training challenges, and the videos need to also be manually approved. I don't want you to do all of the work! :dogwink:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, I will do everything I can. :) This site has helped me in more ways than I can even describe, and I want to help keep it running so that it may help others as well.
But, extra help is always nice. :D
I'm trying to think of really active members, and so far have only come up with two. Maybe you have more in mind.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Well maybe if someone reads this and really wants to be a moderator they can send me a message. (hint hint) :) I will wait until everything is released before asking anyone to moderate. :)

sara

Staff member
There seems to be more activity going on already. It got so that there were so few posts, I would check back once every couple of weeks, to see what's going on. I'm back to checking once a day again.

What's your criteria for Mods? How often do you want them checking in?

sara

Staff member
Yes, I am a moderator in a fairly new Dachshund forum, but it requires almost 0 work, as there's not that many members yet... I am online almost every night (late night, as I work from 4:30 PM to 1:30 am) so if you needed someone that checks in more than once a day, than I wouldn't have time, but I check in almost every day now.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I am a moderator in a fairly new Dachshund forum, but it requires almost 0 work, as there's not that many members yet... I am online almost every night (late night, as I work from 4:30 PM to 1:30 am) so if you needed someone that checks in more than once a day, than I wouldn't have time, but I check in almost every day now.
Thanks, I will send you a private message. :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Great job, Jean! The site looks like its old self in lots of ways already, and XenForo is an exceptional product. Thanks for doing this. :)
Yay Programmer Chris for making all the newness possible! :)
And Jean for making it happen. ^^

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Well thank you everyone for your support and encouragement. The poll clearly states that you all like the new forum look! (The one nay vote is from someone who never even posted in the forums). I'm happy to have moved to this forum software, we may have lost a few features here and there, but honestly this software will be better in the long-run. The old one was limited, I couldn't upgrade anymore without spending more money, and the company really went downhill after it was bought-out, so I didn't want to support them anymore. Anyhow! Thanks again! :)