Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone,

Greetings,

I’m assuming you are already wondering what is up with the new forum look and what it’s all about. The reason for the new look is because I have installed a new forum software.

There are several reasons why I chose to change the software. The main reason is that the company who made the previous forum (vBulletin) was recently bought out and the company is not the same anymore. Many of the original developers left and the price structure has changed. So I had to either give them more money (which I had already bought an owned license) to upgrade my script, or go to a different company. I chose the latter.

The other reason is that this forum software is much more user-friendly. Take a few minutes to browse around and reply to other posts, you’ll see how easy it is to navigate and reply to messages. It also has lots more features like a chat box, profile messages, likes, facebook and twitter integration, and more.

So I apologize if the forums look a little different for now. We are working on implementing a new look for it, which should be ready in a few weeks.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Jean

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I LOVE THE NEW LOOK HERE, JEAN, KUDOS!!! WELL DONE!!! We all appreciate it, i know this has to be hard work, to do all this, but wow, it's reeallly nice!!! Very user friendly, i think it will be easier for new people to find their way around the website!! YAY!!!!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks tigerlily. Yes it is definitely a lot of work, you can ask my girlfriend she has to put up with me being on the computer all the time. :) We still have to work on our end to integrate everything with the Classroom and Tricskster Area, but once that is done I believe it will be much better. My new favorite page now is the Recent Activity page. :dogsmile:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Oh and there is a nice little 'like' button on the right side of each post. If you like a post click on it. When you get many of those you earn trophies. :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Thanks tigerlily. Yes it is definitely a lot of work, you can ask my girlfriend she has to put up with me being on the computer all the time. :) We still have to work on our end to integrate everything with the Classroom and Tricskster Area, but once that is done I believe it will be much better. My new favorite page now is the Recent Activity page. :dogsmile:
oh! If i hit the "reply" button, under the specific comment, the comment shows up right there?? COOL!! WOW!!! (*i* never ever did get the hang of the old "quote" thing!!)

Please tell your gf, we dog guardians, say, "Thank you to Jean's GF, for sharing him while he revamped the site!! She may not know it, but, without DTA, some of us (cough cough) AND our dogs, would be in trouble!! Me, i don't know where i'd be without DTA, and Tx_cowgirl, and everyone else here who have helped me so so much, nope, me and my dog would be a hot mess....shiver."

Jean, you will have to take your gf somewhere nice to thank her for sharing you with us! Get her a nice card and some flowers!!! I hope, that now that the site is revamped, that you WILL get some of your time back again!!!??

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe. For valentine's day I got her a cup with a heart on it, with heart shaped chocolates in it, then she took me for a hot stone massage, and not we're about to go to a fancy restaurant tonight. That should somewhat make up for my absence :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
SCORE!!! GOOD JOB, JEAN!!!!!
High fives all around!! Well played!!
We are flying low this year, and we NEVER ever go out to eat on Valentine's Day, nope, is always crowded crowed crowded, restaurants full of with women wearing red or pink dresses---is hard to get good service cuz the poor waitrons are running ragged--------the whole town is out to eat on same night....and as we linger over an after dinner drink, we can sense those waiting in the lobby, "Look! THAT couple is done eating!! yay" kinda thing!! ha ha!
SO
We always stay at home, and make special meal, ha, we DO dress up !! And i put out some special Valentines decorations, and rose petals, (silk ones) candles, music, etc. We plan out our special menu a week ago, and get stoked about our special menu. We take phone off the hook, use our special china, our antique heirloom glasses that we never ever use, eat in the dining room (we never do that) and buy a bottle of special drink, maybe a good wine, maybe a bottle of Baileys, and we just make a romantic dinner at home.
BUT YOU YOUNG PEOPLE, YOU GO ON OUT THERE AND GO OUT TO EAT TONIGHT!!!!! :)

(wow, talk about a major thread derail!! DO I WIN for FARTHEST THREAD DERAIL EVER IN HISTORY OF DOGTRICK ACADEMY???)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Those awards are given automatically when you reach X amount of posts. Since you already have like 1800 posts the forum gave you all the awards at once. :dogsmile:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
VERY nice, automatic awards!! GREAT addition, lol, the old system was so much work to keep going. I wished I could have kept up with it better when I was doing it; I think an award system is a good thing to have. Like the automatic awards. :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yup. I'm still playing with all the options. :) People will even be able to sign up or login with their facebook info. Neat!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Testing...uploading new signature to see if I can change this...don't have any accounts on any other sites to upload photos.

Attachments

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Testing...uploading new signature to see if I can change this...don't have any accounts on any other sites to upload photos.
YAY! Lol. Should've smoothed out that waving leg of Mud's lol. Ah well. Do we still have photo galleries? Please say yes. o-o Or I lost a bunch of pictures. x-x
Sorry, not complaining, just wondering. :)

Thanks Jean!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
YAY! Lol. Should've smoothed out that waving leg of Mud's lol. Ah well. Do we still have photo galleries? Please say yes. o-o Or I lost a bunch of pictures. x-x
Sorry, not complaining, just wondering. :)

Thanks Jean!
No, this forum software doesn't have an image gallery (yet). It is still being developed and I think they will add image gallery capabilities in the future. Sorry.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Darn. Ah well, I have most of them on my computer. :)
Liking this newness so far! Still finding everything, but I like it! Really like that people can recommend it through Facebook and sign up with Facebook info....I personally do not have a Facebook or any other account on any other social networking site, but I think this will give us a broader range of potential members--different type of "advertising" so to speak.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I still have the old images if you would like them. Ditto on facebook. :) I'm just finishing setting up the trophies now. :)