Ms

Lynda Red

Hi I'm from Johannesburg and have been doing Agility, Trieball, Flyball with my Border Collie Dash for the last 6 years. He is a Jumping Champ and a Grand Flyball Champ. Unfortunately this year he had a bad cruiciate ligament op which has pulled him out of the game. So we need to do something and I hope he'll love doing tricks.

abby_someone

What a bummer! How long will he be out?

We have a number of Border Collie fans on this site! You will find lots of hints tricks and techniques, although you are far from a novice.

I have to keep looking up Trieball on Google, every time I do, it looks really fun! I think that I am going to train my puppy to "heard" balls! :D

I think that Dash would benefit from learning tricks in his down time. I am very impressed at the relationship that you have with your dog. Welcome to the DTA and I am looking forward to learning from you. ;)

Lynda Red

What a bummer! How long will he be out?

We have a number of Border Collie fans on this site! You will find lots of hints tricks and techniques, although you are far from a novice.

I have to keep looking up Trieball on Google, every time I do, it looks really fun! I think that I am going to train my puppy to "heard" balls! :D

I think that Dash would benefit from learning tricks in his down time. I am very impressed at the relationship that you have with your dog. Welcome to the DTA and I am looking forward to learning from you. ;)
Thanks for the welcome. I got associated with the American Trieball Association (Dianna Stern). They operate out of Denver and she was very helpful in giving some start up tips. They have a site on FB. Its an unknown sport here in South Africa. Where are you from.

fly30

Experienced Member
Hi ! Welcome to you and Dash. I'm sure he will love tricks and that will help him keep his mind busy. enjoy !

abby_someone

Thanks for the welcome. I got associated with the American Trieball Association (Dianna Stern). They operate out of Denver and she was very helpful in giving some start up tips. They have a site on FB. Its an unknown sport here in South Africa. Where are you from.
Denver huh? I live just a little ways from there! I live in Wyoming, near Yellowstone. Maybe when Kato grows up a little, I will teach him to "herd" huge colored balls around my yard. I will look them up on FB ;). We have a BC here that likes to "herd" laundry baskets around the yard, a game of his own invention! Such a smart breed.

Lynda Red

T
Denver huh? I live just a little ways from there! I live in Wyoming, near Yellowstone. Maybe when Kato grows up a little, I will teach him to "herd" huge colored balls around my yard. I will look them up on FB ;). We have a BC here that likes to "herd" laundry baskets around the yard, a game of his own invention! Such a smart breed.
They are indeed. I'm just waiting for Dash to learn to make my early morning coffee. Have a great weekend

Dodge

:)hi and a very warm welcome,sorry for your doggies injury,hope he will be back to normal soon,by then he will be able to do loads of tricks:LOL:bet he s going stir crazy not being able to do all the exercise he s used to,poor baby,give him a hug from me:(
Have a fab time on here,its sooo addictive:cautious::D

Lynda Red

Thanks Dodge, he's pretty much back to normal after 10 months, but gets really stiff after a long walk or strenuous ball game. We do some therapy work, tracking and Canicross to make up. Whew but this trick training takes a lot of patience and its a lesson I will have to learn quickly.
Take care