Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lynda Red, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Lynda Red New Member

Hi I'm from Johannesburg and have been doing Agility, Trieball, Flyball with my Border Collie Dash for the last 6 years. He is a Jumping Champ and a Grand Flyball Champ. Unfortunately this year he had a bad cruiciate ligament op which has pulled him out of the game. So we need to do something and I hope he'll love doing tricks.
    Dodge likes this.

2. abby_someone Well-Known Member

What a bummer! How long will he be out?

We have a number of Border Collie fans on this site! You will find lots of hints tricks and techniques, although you are far from a novice.

I have to keep looking up Trieball on Google, every time I do, it looks really fun! I think that I am going to train my puppy to "heard" balls! :D

I think that Dash would benefit from learning tricks in his down time. I am very impressed at the relationship that you have with your dog. Welcome to the DTA and I am looking forward to learning from you. ;)
  3. Lynda Red New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I got associated with the American Trieball Association (Dianna Stern). They operate out of Denver and she was very helpful in giving some start up tips. They have a site on FB. Its an unknown sport here in South Africa. Where are you from.
  4. fly30 Experienced Member

Hi ! Welcome to you and Dash. I'm sure he will love tricks and that will help him keep his mind busy. enjoy !
  5. abby_someone Well-Known Member

Denver huh? I live just a little ways from there! I live in Wyoming, near Yellowstone. Maybe when Kato grows up a little, I will teach him to "herd" huge colored balls around my yard. I will look them up on FB ;). We have a BC here that likes to "herd" laundry baskets around the yard, a game of his own invention! Such a smart breed.
  6. Lynda Red New Member

They are indeed. I'm just waiting for Dash to learn to make my early morning coffee. Have a great weekend
  7. Lynda Red New Member

Thanks for the welcome. Have a great weekend.
  8. Lexy88 Well-Known Member

Welcome! :) Im sure Dash will love his new job learning tricks!
  9. Dodge Well-Known Member

:)hi and a very warm welcome,sorry for your doggies injury,hope he will be back to normal soon,by then he will be able to do loads of tricks:LOL:bet he s going stir crazy not being able to do all the exercise he s used to,poor baby,give him a hug from me:(
    Have a fab time on here,its sooo addictive:cautious::D
  10. Lynda Red New Member

Thanks Dodge, he's pretty much back to normal after 10 months, but gets really stiff after a long walk or strenuous ball game. We do some therapy work, tracking and Canicross to make up. Whew but this trick training takes a lot of patience and its a lesson I will have to learn quickly.
    Take care
    Dodge likes this.