Looking for a cook!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! I have received a bunch of dog treats and dog recipes which would be fantastic to add to the recipes section of this website!

... However I would like to only post the good ones! So I am looking for a cook out there who would like to try them out! There is almost a hundred different recipes. :eek:

Send me a private message if you are interested - or reply to this thread! :)

B

bosco

Hey, Jean
I would be willing to try out some of the recipes. I actually just got a few from the news yesterday. I use them for Christams gifts for my friends dogs. Let me know which ones you are most eager to try and I will cook them up!

Jamie

harry

I have found a good dog food recipe online and want to share it with you.
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet. Combine flour, dry milk, garlic powder and sugar. Cut in meat drippings until mixture resembles corn meal. Mix in egg. Add enough water so that mixture forms a ball. Using your fingers, pat out dough onto cook sheet to 1/2" thick. Cut dough into squares appropriate for your dog size. Prick each cookie with fork. Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from tray and cool on rack. Store in airtight container.

harry

I want to try some new recipes for making the dog food more healthy and delicious and in this way made them active and strong. My bug likes to eat different varieties of food.

bom abigirls mom

Harry- I am with you- I am seeking alternatives to kibble because Abigirl just won't eat it. We have had her on boiled hamburger and brown rice as we have gotten her through some health problems, (she eats this very well) - but when I try to slowly switch her back, she WON'T eat the kibble. We've tried Iams puppy, Royal Canin and I-Vet, and she will only eat a little bit of kibble if tossed at her like a little fun treat to play with... (she plays like a cat!) .. she pats it around and then chases it, finally eats that piece, then she's ready for another bit---
Needless to say, she only eats a tiny bit of kibble every day. Of course I know the beef and rice tastes MUCH better than kibble..... but I worry that she needs more balance and I know the good kibble has all the stuff a puppy needs.

My sis says to just feed her raw meats, but as she has just gotten over parasites and worms, I am HORRIFIED to think she might get something like that again if I feed RAW meats.

So what to do? Yes, she is spoiled. But I won't force her to eat kibble that I can't even stand the smell of.

I am happy to cook for her... so I guess my search continues.
I really wish this matter was more completely addressed on this site.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
I would try out some, if I don't have to bake (or use the oven...). I burn everything in it.

So if I still can try out a recipe, let me know. :D