Listen Carefully, Grasshopper!

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes, live worms are okay...but decomposing ones????:sick:

Eeeeeww, a half-chewed rat?!?!:eek::sick: Okay, now I'm totally disgusted...:p:sick:
Nope would give the decomposing worms a miss:sick:

LOL so was I and at 3.a.m. in the morning???? I'm going to have to have a chat with my boy, it's just not acceptable:p:p:sick: I heard a massive 'bang' which sent me racing outside, to find, nicely 'spotlighted' Rakins doing the unmentionable. He had seen the rat run across the fence, jumped on the fence, knocked the poor rat down and ................................

Partner got dragged from his slumbers:sleep: to sort it out, waaaaaaaay more than I could handle:sick::eek::sick:

MaryK

Honored Member
The problem with the cat food in Australia was something to do with being left out in the open in the heat for too long, causing a problem with an ingredient, I do believe. This did not affect any dog food.
Thank you Sara. Yes, I've seen cat food left out a lot in the heat. My cats are indoor cats and the dogs are usually fed in doors too. I never leave food out, one because of the heat and decomposing etc. and two the darned ants get to it:eek:

Honored Member
Two of our cats like to hunt and don't always kill what they catch before they bring it home, I have so many really horrible and disgusting dead/live rat/mouse/bird stories you really don't want to know :sick::sick:

Although they never caught very many birds (or skinks for that matter) and I don't think they have actually caught any birds at all for a couple of year which is good, it's mostly rats and mice.

MaryK

Honored Member
Two of our cats like to hunt and don't always kill what they catch before they bring it home, I have so many really horrible and disgusting dead/live rat/mouse/bird stories you really don't want to know :sick::sick:

Although they never caught very many birds (or skinks for that matter) and I don't think they have actually caught any birds at all for a couple of year which is good, it's mostly rats and mice.
One of my cats, Buddha (sadly not long crossed the Bridge) escaped and got outside, he brought home a pretty disgusting effort too. Not going into details but it involved digested rats regurgitated. Sorry Jackie if you've just had dinner:D

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Long since finished breakfast now :ROFLMAO:. Alf brought in a possum thru the doggie door @2am about a year ago. I was up late, he had been outside and WAAAY too quiet, and I was just on my way to bed and going out to see where he was. He had apparently caught it, and "waterboarded it" (slobbered it up to just short of drowning it:LOL:) - it was "playing possum" so not dead (altho it may have been wishing it were, and thinking it was gonna be:oops::confused:) . I shrieked at him to "leave it" - he dropped it (ummm, good boy *I think* .. cuz now I have a possum laying on my laundry room floor :eek:). I threw a box over it - then went about figuring out how to get it out of my house. Ugh. :eek::oops: :confused: Dogs!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO: and cats!! :LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO: I'm just about to have my breakfast:eek: Poor you, possums I believe can really scratch too:eek: Wish Rakins would just 'waterboard' the rats!!!!!!!!!!! Rakins was also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too quiet, that's what had me wondering what on earth he was up too:rolleyes: He hadn't 'knocked' on the door to come in. He knocks (bashes) on the door and Zeus politely 'oofs' (half a woof:D). Zeus had asked to come in but Rakins no where in sight at first! Rakins did NOT get any 'good boy', came in actually managing to look a bit 'sheepish':oops: , not often you see that! Partner came in muttering some extremely rude words about dogs:censored:

I had a cat brought in a Possum, didn't harm it though but had the same problem. Fortunately where I was living they had "Pete the Possum Man" so I rang him for help on the rescue:rolleyes: It wasn't early hours of the morning though! Did a thorough check as to how my cat had got out and the little tinker had opened the fly screen! Had to put small locks on them, so I could have 'air' without my cat doing his own thing:rolleyes:

It's the hunting instinct:eek::oops::confused: bless them!