Letter Recognition And Easy Button

huntyr

Hi everyone I wasn't around when you were all doing the easy button.
I was given one by a wonderful friend and we started working with it.
It didn't take Huntyr long to learn to touch it but learning to "push" it was/is a different matter. Finally he realizes that he has to push harder to make it talk, but he doesn't always accomplish it.
We are also working on letter recognition. I want to teach him to pick out the first letter of his name "H" and the letter everyone always spells wrong in his name "Y".

and a short video of him working them...

Dogster

Honored Member
Great job!!!!!!:D He's making progress!!!!:) What are you trying to achieve as your end result??? Is Huntyr going to target the right letters, or pick them up and put them in the right place???

huntyr

Great job!!!!!!:D He's making progress!!!!:) What are you trying to achieve as your end result??? Is Huntyr going to target the right letters, or pick them up and put them in the right place???
I have all the letters of his name... I want to teach him to pick out the first letter of his name "H" and the letter everyone always spells wrong in his name "Y". Then I can tell him to go pick out the first letter or the wrong letter....
I think it will be fun and possibly win a blue ribbon next year *S*

Dogster

Honored Member
Sounds great!!!!:D I was thinking that you could teach Huntyr to pick the letters up and arrange them, once he can recognize them and once he knows them very well. But you'd need smaller and lighter letters for that.:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Fantastic! Great trick!(y):) I think, with time a LOT of time, Huntyr could get to spell out his entire name. But it will take time and LOL patience(y) He's doing so well now, why stop?:D