Let's Make A Video!

running_dog

Honored Member
Well here's some pictures of Chloe with her bandanna (not sure why the pictures are sideways, It seems to always do that when I send the pictures from my phone...)
Tried to get one of her sitting pretty, and she decided to stick her tongue out! :rolleyes: Lol I laughed so hard when I saw this picture! :LOL:
I have time to comment properly now :)
Love the tongue sticking out one and the blurred paw ("You can't want sit pretty again, you want wave, right? Look! Look at me wave!" :cool:)
I'm not sure from the photos but I get the impression Chloe has quite expressive whiskers too?
Zac's whiskers are very mobile but they are a bit wasted because they are black whiskers against black fur.

I just noticed that in the sit pretty picture, you can really see his eyebrows! LOL that's so cute! :ROFLMAO:
He's starting to get some greying spectacles round his eyes which does make his eyebrows show up more :cool:

MaryK

Honored Member
You are doing great, you are working through problems that I suspect most of the rest of us will start to come across this weekend! I have my ideas but I haven't tried to explain them to Zac yet. Also you are working two dogs which is tremendously challenging in itself. All your effort so far has put me to shame.

I have a feeling it is silly to waste a lot of time teaching Blossom to wear a bandana when I'm guessing this is just a puppy stage she is going through. Why not play with the idea she won't wear the bandana? When my niece was small she dragged a bit of soft fabric "clothie" around with her everywhere. That could be a really funny way to tackle it - have the bandana become Blossom's clothie - especially as Blossom is cooperating with hold! Show Leaf wearing the bandana and Blossom running off with her's in her mouth.

At the next stage interspersed throughout the other dogs (all wearing bandanas and doing cool stuff) we could have a bandanaless Blossom running all over looking for her lost bandana (and maybe trying to steal Leaf's bandana) before she finally finds hers again and comes hurtling towards the camera carrying it in her mouth. I honestly think that would steal the show :cool:.
Thank you RD. Yes working with the two, especially with Blossom being so young, is a challenge that's for sure. But they're not doing too badly all things considered. We do have to stop for a 'play' every so often but they come back in line pretty quickly - they're both as bad now with play breaks:rolleyes:

Great idea RD. Blossom will run with an old ripped up toy, so wouldn't be hard to get her to run with the bandana either. I agree, it's a puppy stage I'm sure she'll grow out of with time. Thanks a million, was totally stumped on this one. Will work with your idea.

She does know 'find/get your toy' so can use that, possibly along with some 'hidden' treats, to get her to search for it and she'll run towards me very easily - well in play LOL anyway - with something in her mouth.

Sorry about being behind time, our weather is so bad and totally out of season, we've rain forecast, pouring rain and storms, right up until Tuesday at the earliest. Will never be able to get dogs or partner to go to the beach for a shoot in this weather. Will do my best and work on the training side for now. Again, sorry the weather is beyond 'training':rolleyes::oops:

MaryK

Honored Member
Should we have a note inside the envelope? If so, any idea what it should say?
I'm working with an old brown paper bag - if it's torn up no biggie - and was thinking to make it, or a decent new one, into an envelope shape as it's a little easier for Blossom to hold (being so young) in her mouth. Leaf refused to hold envelopes, paper bags anything like that in her mouth, so Blossom has to take that role:rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes, totally agree on having deadlines. It keeps everyone working to try and get it in on time.
:) Thanks Rdog.
So do I but afraid our weather doesn't:( We've had massive storms, pouring rain, and I mean deluging down rain and it's not easing until Tuesday at the latest. Impossible to do any filming, photos outside at all.:( And for some reason my camera, or rather the person on the other end, cannot get decent photos inside especially of Leaf.:(

running_dog

Honored Member
So do I but afraid our weather doesn't:( We've had massive storms, pouring rain, and I mean deluging down rain and it's not easing until Tuesday at the latest. Impossible to do any filming, photos outside at all.:( And for some reason my camera, or rather the person on the other end, cannot get decent photos inside especially of Leaf.:(
No worries, you can't change the weather, we all know you'll get the video done as soon as you are able to.

running_dog

Honored Member
Do you want the videos inside or outside? There's quite a lot of snow outside... :p
I think the first part of the video would probably be better inside but just go with what you can do. It will certainly show the worldwide nature of the doggy camp when we get to put snow videos together with Mary's Australian heat wave! I think merging them will be a challenge but lets just get the video and see what we can do :)

running_dog

Honored Member
Missy and Piper with there bananas'. Piper became a bucking bronco when I put hers on and gave up once she couldn't get it. Than when I put Missy's on she decided she'd take her.:rolleyes:
LOL the bananas.
They look great. The bandana gives Piper quite a different look somehow so it is nice to see her being herself in the next photo! It is Missy with her seriously long suffering expression :love: that steals the show for me though, however I do have a feeling that in the last photo she is just about to tell Piper to back off :rolleyes:

southerngirl

Honored Member
LOL the bananas.
They look great. The bandana gives Piper quite a different look somehow so it is nice to see her being herself in the next photo! It is Missy with her seriously long suffering expression :love: that steals the show for me though, however I do have a feeling that in the last photo she is just about to tell Piper to back off :rolleyes:
I think it made Piper look like a cow dog. Missy isn't very photogenic, when I get her to sit or lay for a picture she usually has that "what are you doing" look and it doesn't help that Piper keep poking her with her nose. She actually didn't have to tell her to back off, because Piper took it off of her. Missy is so so patient with Piper and takes a lot of her craziness. You would never guess she'd be like that with Piper if you had seen what Missy was like when were first introducing them.

MaryK

Honored Member
Missy and Piper with there bananas'. Piper became a bucking bronco when I put hers on and gave up once she couldn't get it. Than when I put Missy's on she decided she'd take her.:rolleyes:
View attachment 3179,,View attachment 3180 View attachment 3181 View attachment 3182
Sounds rather like my pair! Leaf's fine, she's used to wearing coats etc. but Blossom - "Hey Mom I can get this and chew it up YEAH' "Fun new toy Mom" "Hey Leaf I can chew your one too". Somehow I doubt anytime soon Ms.B is going to safely wear a bandana!:rolleyes:

running_dog

Honored Member
A few photos of props I've been using with Zac.

This is a note to go in with the bandana, you should not show the content of the note until the very end of the whole video (bedtime) you can show it partially though. If you print it at 1/4 A4 we should end up with a consistent theme.
IMG_8644.JPG

This is my solution of the envelope problem. I've used a brown envelope (sorry I know I said white but please read on because I did have reason for changing) as Mary is using a brown paper bag. At least then the brown will give some continuity. I folded an A4 brown envelope and taped it into a half size pocket leaving one end open so Zac can easily pull the bandana and note out (I can leave a corner of the bandana hanging out so he gets the idea). It's decorated with permanent marker and waterproof non toxic paints. Obviously use a made up address if you do something similar!
IMG_8650.JPG
IMG_8651.JPG

Got to rush but hope to be back later! I have a toy boat to glue together with a smallish relative!

running_dog

Honored Member
I've got some bits of video of Zac but am not totally happy with them yet. It's reminded me of the importance of letting the camera run on for a few seconds after taking the scene I want and holding off from giving the reward for those few seconds too, helps continuity and stitching together.

Would you believe I set up to film Zac at the window as the postman arrived and the postman walked past the gate without coming in?! It's only a couple of times a month that happens and it WOULD be today!! LOL

Aaaaaaaaargh just this instant had an idea for a great trick/behaviour for Zac to do in the video but I'd have to start teaching him it from scratch... not the sort of trick he'd get quickly either :( Maybe another time :p