Kiefer-the Golden Retriever

Nirwan.jatinder

Hello!! You sure can train him yourself:) !! When you train your dog he is "playing": trying to find out the way to get the reward learning a lot on the process. You must keep in mind that dog training is fun!! Some vids from kikoup will help:​
Thanks Tamara....you put the 'playing' thing in an all new perspective :)... It shows that you are a great trainer yourself. But who is kikoup? Forgive my ignorance...I am new to this academy :)

Tâmara Vaz

Experienced Member
Thanks Tamara....you put the 'playing' thing in an all new perspective :)... It shows that you are a great trainer yourself. But who is kikoup? Forgive my ignorance...I am new to this academy :)
Thanks! I posted accidentally without the link, but already edited it.

Does your dog knows tricks? Do you know positive reinforcement?

Nirwan.jatinder

Thanks! I posted accidentally without the link, but already edited it.

Does your dog knows tricks? Do you know positive reinforcement?
Yeah, but he knows very few and obeys only when he wants :)
He knows:
1. Sit
2.Stay (only for short duration he will stay, and then will move)
3. He tries to catch the fly ring
4. 'leave it'
5. If I ask him to look for squeeky toys, he will search the toy and bring it to me, but will not give it to me, and tries to play 'Catch me if you can' :).
6. He also plays 'hide & seek', if I hide and ask him to find me, he will search for me madly :)

And yeah, I am a big fan of 'Positive reinforcement'.. I never punish him, tries to make him understand with love and affection. :)