Kiefer-the Golden Retriever

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nirwan.jatinder, May 5, 2012.

1. Nirwan.jatinder Active Member

Hi, 'Kiefer-The Golden Retriever' here...with his best friend Jind Nirwan. I am from Punjab(India) but was born in Bangalore(India). I spent first 6 months of my life in Bangalore. When Jind got is job transferred to Punjab, he took me with him...He wants to be an extreme trainer like Zak George, and he is trying honestly...Wish him all the best...!!
    Tâmara Vaz and tigerlily46514 like this.

2. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

WELCOME!! Feel free to post some photos of your dog!!
    Tâmara Vaz and Dogster like this.
  3. Dlilly Honored Member

Welcome to DTA!!

Zak George is one of my favorite trainers. He isn't all positive though. :(

A great dog trainer you might want to check out is Emily Larlham, aka Kikopup on Youtube. She uses an all positive training method she calls "Progressive Reinforcement Training". She has a ton of incredible dog training videos on her Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/kikopup She is my #1 favorite dog trainer in the universe!
    Tâmara Vaz and bekah1001 like this.
  4. Anneke Honored Member

Hi Welcome to DTA
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.
  5. Dogster Honored Member

Hi and welcome!!!!!!:D We would LOVE to see some pics!!!!
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.
  6. dogcrazy Experienced Member

Welcome to DTA!! Cant wait to see pictures!
    Tâmara Vaz and Dogster like this.
  7. bekah1001 Honored Member

Ahhh golden retrievers! I have two and welcome!
    Dogster likes this.
  8. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

Nirwan,
    i had never heard of Zac George,
    but, i just googled him, and i think i am a new fan of Zac George!!!

who knows, maybe if you hang around here, you can learn how to train a dog just like Zac does!! These things CAN happen!!

Nirwan, have you trained many tricks yet?
    Or, which trick would you like to teach to your dog? Once you get started teaching dogs tricks, you can not stop!!:ROFLMAO: Are you new at teaching tricks, or already very good at it?
    Dogster and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  9. dogcrazy Experienced Member

Tigerlily, Zac Goerge has hundreds of videos on youtube and Discovery channel!!!!
  10. Tâmara Vaz Experienced Member

Welcome!!
    Post some pictures!!
    Talk about your dog!!
    Dogster likes this.
  11. bekah1001 Honored Member

I dunno, I don't really like him as much
  12. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

// I dunno, I don't really like him as much//

as much as who? or as much as the other ppl do?
    I haven't seen much of him,
    but, i like he is all positive, and that he dislikes dog-whisperer style of yanking dogs around, etc.

how have i never heard of this guy, i must be so out of it!! :rolleyes: rofl!!
  13. bekah1001 Honored Member

Zac George, I havent watched a lot of his videos. So I haven't really given him a chance
  14. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

I've never heard of him either lol
  15. bekah1001 Honored Member

I'm going to go watch his videos
  16. Dogster Honored Member

I like Zac George!!!! And Kyra Sundance!!!!:D My favourites!!!
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.
  17. Nirwan.jatinder Active Member

Hi friends,
    Sorry could not have replied earlier. I am a beginner. Tried training him myself, but he gets crazy whenever I try to train him, and keeps playing with me instead of learning :). Please guide me.
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.
  18. Nirwan.jatinder Active Member

Kiefer Standing.jpeg Here is his pic :)
    dogcrazy, Dogster and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  19. Nirwan.jatinder Active Member

I took him to a dog show...Neither of us had any prior experience. Judge looked impressed by his body structure, face, bite...He also did well when judge asked me to take a round of the ring running with him. But when two more goldens came into ring and we had to run in the ring together, Kiefer thought that the other dogs are chasing him and he kept jumping back to play or defend himself, instead of running and got disqualified. Could you guys guide me how to train him for the show...so that he is not worried about other dogs?
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.
  20. Tâmara Vaz Experienced Member

Hello!! You sure can train him yourself:) !! When you train your dog he is "playing": trying to find out the way to get the reward learning a lot on the process. You must keep in mind that dog training is fun!! Some vids from kikoup will help:https://www.youtube.com/kikopup I don't know exactly what you need right now so you could watch the basics.
    Dogster and Nirwan.jatinder like this.