Kiefer-the Golden Retriever

Nirwan.jatinder

Hi, 'Kiefer-The Golden Retriever' here...with his best friend Jind Nirwan. I am from Punjab(India) but was born in Bangalore(India). I spent first 6 months of my life in Bangalore. When Jind got is job transferred to Punjab, he took me with him...He wants to be an extreme trainer like Zak George, and he is trying honestly...Wish him all the best...!!

Dlilly

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!

Zak George is one of my favorite trainers. He isn't all positive though. :(

A great dog trainer you might want to check out is Emily Larlham, aka Kikopup on Youtube. She uses an all positive training method she calls "Progressive Reinforcement Training". She has a ton of incredible dog training videos on her Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/kikopup She is my #1 favorite dog trainer in the universe!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Nirwan,
i had never heard of Zac George,
but, i just googled him, and i think i am a new fan of Zac George!!!

who knows, maybe if you hang around here, you can learn how to train a dog just like Zac does!! These things CAN happen!!

Nirwan, have you trained many tricks yet?
Or, which trick would you like to teach to your dog? Once you get started teaching dogs tricks, you can not stop!!:ROFLMAO: Are you new at teaching tricks, or already very good at it?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
// I dunno, I don't really like him as much//

as much as who? or as much as the other ppl do?
I haven't seen much of him,
but, i like he is all positive, and that he dislikes dog-whisperer style of yanking dogs around, etc.

how have i never heard of this guy, i must be so out of it!! :rolleyes: rofl!!

bekah1001

Honored Member
//I dunno, I don't really like him as much//

as much as who? or as much as the other ppl do?
I haven't seen much of him,
but, i like he is all positive, and that he dislikes dog-whisperer style of yanking dogs around, etc.

how have i never heard of this guy, i must be so out of it!! :rolleyes: rofl!!
Zac George, I havent watched a lot of his videos. So I haven't really given him a chance

Nirwan.jatinder

Hi friends,
Sorry could not have replied earlier. I am a beginner. Tried training him myself, but he gets crazy whenever I try to train him, and keeps playing with me instead of learning :). Please guide me.

Nirwan.jatinder

I took him to a dog show...Neither of us had any prior experience. Judge looked impressed by his body structure, face, bite...He also did well when judge asked me to take a round of the ring running with him. But when two more goldens came into ring and we had to run in the ring together, Kiefer thought that the other dogs are chasing him and he kept jumping back to play or defend himself, instead of running and got disqualified. Could you guys guide me how to train him for the show...so that he is not worried about other dogs?