Inge & Fenna Introduce!

Hi !

My name is Inge, I'm from Belgium. My dog Fenna is a Kooikerhondje and is almost one year old. I have another dog, Janneke, she's a Golden Retriever but she lives at home with my parents. She's already 10years old.
When Janneke was younger I learned her the basic things, she also knows how to "speak". Unfortunately, when she gets excited, she "speaks" a little too much!
My other dog Fenna lives with me in my apartment. She visits my parents and all the dogs over there (3 golden retrievers; Janneke, Aika and Shiva and 1 Maltezer; Luka) almost every day. She can run around in the garden and play with the other dogs.
I went with her to the puppyclass, but she thought it was kinda boring, and I thought the same :) so we just train at home, when we feel like it ;)
She also knows the basic things and she knows how to : turn around, get back, roll over, crawl,..

When I was with a friend I was reading a magazine about dogs etc, that's where I found this site, I want to learn Fenna a lot of things, but I'm not that creative, or I don't really know how to begin with it. I hope we can learn a lot here! I look forward to it!

xx

Inge
(I'm sorry if I am writing mistakes!)

Anneke

Honored Member
Hi Inge, welcome to DTA.
I love Kooikerhondjes. They are such little workers! I know the breed, because I live in Holland;)
I am not very creative too, but here you can find lots of tricks and tips on how to teach them!

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! You should find alot of idea's and how-to's on here! Happy training!

Thanks everyone :)
Kooikers are dogs you don't see very much, another reason why I like them so much ;) BUT, there are Kooikers in the US, the breeder where I bought Fenna also sold dogs to the US. The people from animal planet went to this breeder for Dogs 101 :)
I especially want to learn her some new tricks. I think she generally listens good enough ;)