I Taught Mouse To Pray!!!!!

sara

Staff member
HOW CUTE IS SHE!

Sorry, the quality of the pics isn't so good, but I have to train in semi dark, as I use a light to "click" Mouse and Boo LOL

I also taught her to keep her back legs on the beam and lay down with her front end... cute. She is soooo eager to get food. I used to think she was dumb, but I think she was just so obsessed with the food that she couldn't think... After I got patience and forced her to think using free-shaping, instead of just luring her all the time, I now have a dog that works for her click :D It seriously takes her only a few clicks for a trick, and honestly, the pray thing, I have no idea why she tried it! I was free shaping with no idea what I'd click for, but somehow, we got pray out of it! She's a brilliant little goofball!

Oliver's working on beg on that same beam (about 4" wide) he's getting quite good, but it's exhausting, he's panting by the 5th repetition. I'll get him balancing on a broomstick yet!

Boo's learning to put his back feet on an object on the floor, however he's finding this one tough and I'm still clicking for accidents :rolleyes:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
lol, i so understand about a food-obsessed dog, it's the weirdest thing, if i use TOO high of value of treats with Buddy, he sometimes has MORE trouble focusing well! rofl.
If i use my "Liver Cookies" recipe, or peanut butter, sometimes,
then Buddy gets TOO excited, and gets sloppy on his moves, thinking ONLY about that food, not the trick! ha ha, i know that is what he is thinking about, even if he can't see the treat, he KNOWS, "wow, today, mom is using those LIver Cookies!" and he hurries too much and blows the trick! lol
so i sometimes save those higher value treats for more difficult tricks. hard to explain. but that is how Buddy is.

sara

Staff member
lol, i so understand about a food-obsessed dog, it's the weirdest thing, if i use TOO high of value of treats with Buddy, he sometimes has MORE trouble focusing well! rofl.
If i use my "Liver Cookies" recipe, or peanut butter, sometimes,
then Buddy gets TOO excited, and gets sloppy on his moves, thinking ONLY about that food, not the trick! ha ha, i know that is what he is thinking about, even if he can't see the treat, he KNOWS, "wow, today, mom is using those LIver Cookies!" and he hurries too much and blows the trick! lol
so i sometimes save those higher value treats for more difficult tricks. hard to explain. but that is how Buddy is.
I dont have an option of using low value treats with Mouse She gets excited over anything food-related... I normally just use dog food... but then, she REALLY likes her dog food! LOL

She gets hyper over Cheerios LOL

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
SOO CUTE!!! Mouse is adorable.
Gypsy is the same way, doesn't matter if it's just kibble, she's very food obsessed. She's had some trouble with shaping but she WILL learn how to think no matter how long it takes me! Lol.