I Need Your Opinions!

Dlilly

Honored Member
Shiloh has been skittish at trials recently. It started at the March intro trial. She had been there before and was fine, but not this time. This Sunday Shiloh was acting like this again and she had been at that facility before too.

Here are some videos so you can compare.

March 2012-(
March 2013-

In the first video, Shiloh went to the gate while wagging her tail with her ears down, she wanted to see my brother. In the second video, she ran to the gate with her ears back, she wanted to leave.
(These videos are filmed on different days)
October 2012- (
October 2o12-
April 2013-

Sorry about the last video's bad quality, my friend recorded it and she's never used a dslr before.

I don't know why Shiloh is starting to get scared… I'm not doing anything differently, I do tricks with her while I wait in line, she gets breaks in the crate. She seems fine waiting in line but the second she steps into the ring her ears go down. :( I'm hoping maybe someone on here can read her body language or give me an idea.

At agility class today she didn't want to cooperate, just being slow and looking sad, but after I did some tricks with her and walked her around she then became her normal self. (And had fun!)

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
How old is Shiloh?
Did she have a bad experience that you can think of?
Have you introduced the teeter-totter and if so when did that occur?
She does seem distracted in the first video, was that her first show? I think she isn't liking the lighted area in the back (big window area).

Dlilly

Honored Member
How old is Shiloh?
Did she have a bad experience that you can think of?
Have you introduced the teeter-totter and if so when did that occur?
She does seem distracted in the first video, was that her first show? I think she isn't liking the lighted area in the back (big window area).
Shiloh is 6 or 7. I told her to skip the teeter in the videos where she skipped the teeter. :) I also let her skip tire jumps, I wasn't worried about her qualifying I just wanted her to have a good time. The first video was her first trial. She was distracted, but exited. In the first video she ran to the window area because my dad was over there, other times she didnt like the window area.

Dlilly

Honored Member
could you work her to get her okay with the window? like make the window a positive thing.
I was able to walk her around the room but I couldn't bring any treats into the ring. She's been scared at all of the trials I've been to lately, even at different locations.

southerngirl

Honored Member
In the videos it seems that she is shutting down on you at the tire jump and after it. Could the tire jump be scaring her or is there something near it that could be scaring her such as people?

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Hi Dlilly, the CU peeps on the yahoogroups list would be good ones to ask about this. A lot of people turn to CU when they start having agility trouble.