I Fell Off The Wagon... Petfinder

MaryK

Honored Member
She is adorable and you're so BAD!!!!!!!!!!!:LOL: don't you know this thread is sheer torture!:LOL:

Oh yes, you're def cheating on Carmel.:D:rolleyes: How CAN you be so unfaithful!:D:eek:

I'm NOT GOING TO LOOK AT THIS THREAD AGAIN EVER - well I did cross my fingers and didn't promise:LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
Those eyes Southerngirl, they're calling you!!!!!!!! She's just ADORABLE:love: If you cannot have her, then do you know someone who would give her a good home? That way you could be a kind of 'aunty' to her:)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Those eyes Southerngirl, they're calling you!!!!!!!! She's just ADORABLE:love: If you cannot have her, then do you know someone who would give her a good home? That way you could be a kind of 'aunty' to her:)
I so wish I could have her!! But my mom said never again will she have three dogs in the house because it's too chaotic.:( None of my friends are allowed to have, even if they were they would not be a person for a Border Collie.:( I'm going to show her to my mom anyway, there's always hope!*crossing fingers*

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I've tried talking everyone I know into letting me get this dog or adopting it themselves. I'm in love.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24665884

But I also love this one
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24669794

I have a soft spot for Poms, my last dog was one, and they are just so amazingly loyal and wonderful dogs.

I want to foster this girl. She has similar heart problems as my pom and she stole my heart. She needs a life long foster home. I need a convincing argument to convince my roommate and my mom! Help me you guys.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21251998

MaryK

Honored Member
I so wish I could have her!! But my mom said never again will she have three dogs in the house because it's too chaotic.:( None of my friends are allowed to have, even if they were they would not be a person for a Border Collie.:( I'm going to show her to my mom anyway, there's always hope!*crossing fingers*
Keeping my fingers crossed for you Southerngirl! I've had three dogs before, one was a golden oldie, so it was really like a two dog household as far as chaos went.:D Maybe you could swing it on that line?

MaryK

Honored Member
I've tried talking everyone I know into letting me get this dog or adopting it themselves. I'm in love.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24665884

But I also love this one
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24669794

I have a soft spot for Poms, my last dog was one, and they are just so amazingly loyal and wonderful dogs.

I want to foster this girl. She has similar heart problems as my pom and she stole my heart. She needs a life long foster home. I need a convincing argument to convince my roommate and my mom! Help me you guys.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21251998
I'm in love with all three:love::love::love: Never owned a Pom, but boy those two are real heart breakers. They do have a loyal look about them, plus alert and intelligent.

O.K. now convincing arguments. Not necessarily in order, just ideas.

1. Show them Pom Pom's picture, that should soften them up for a start.

2. Make a written Pledge that you will do ALL the work, feed, train, clean up etc. etc.

3. You will pay for everything, food, clothes etc.

4. Play on their soft side, "how lovely to help a sick doggy" type of thing.

5. It's Christmas, give a gift that keeps on giving - no other presents required just let me have Pom Pom.

6. I'm experienced in looking after Poms with heart problems., so I know what may go wrong, how to deal with it etc. etc.

7. Doesn't she look so much like (insert name of your last Pom)

8. Promise to wash cars, housework, laundry for an entire year (or more if necessary).

9. Emotional blackmail - they know how good you are with looking after sick Poms, so wouldn't they want Pom Pom to have the best Pom Mom in the world.

10. They get free cuddles and kisses.

Hope this helps, I'm sure others will have more. Or, do what I did, just get her and let them find her at home. Worked with my partner who was totally opposed to me getting another dog. Just made all the arrangements and Ra Kismet was home before he arrived home from work. Initially, colder than an iceberg, five seconds with Ra Kismet turning on puppy charm and he melted.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I'm going with emotion black mail. My mom is hesitant to have another pom because of how close she was to mine. So I'm hoping emotional black mail will work.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Keeping my fingers crossed for you Southerngirl! I've had three dogs before, one was a golden oldie, so it was really like a two dog household as far as chaos went.:D Maybe you could swing it on that line?
My mom would use having Chase as a reason not to get her because she could hurt him.
So I went to show the border collie pup to my mom and she wasn't there, so either she was put to sleep or adopted. I'm really hoping that she was adopted(it would have been nice if I could have.):(

Dogster

Honored Member
I'm in love with all three:love::love::love: Never owned a Pom, but boy those two are real heart breakers. They do have a loyal look about them, plus alert and intelligent.

O.K. now convincing arguments. Not necessarily in order, just ideas.

1. Show them Pom Pom's picture, that should soften them up for a start.

2. Make a written Pledge that you will do ALL the work, feed, train, clean up etc. etc.

3. You will pay for everything, food, clothes etc.

4. Play on their soft side, "how lovely to help a sick doggy" type of thing.

5. It's Christmas, give a gift that keeps on giving - no other presents required just let me have Pom Pom.

6. I'm experienced in looking after Poms with heart problems., so I know what may go wrong, how to deal with it etc. etc.

7. Doesn't she look so much like (insert name of your last Pom)

8. Promise to wash cars, housework, laundry for an entire year (or more if necessary).

9. Emotional blackmail - they know how good you are with looking after sick Poms, so wouldn't they want Pom Pom to have the best Pom Mom in the world.

10. They get free cuddles and kisses.

Hope this helps, I'm sure others will have more. Or, do what I did, just get her and let them find her at home. Worked with my partner who was totally opposed to me getting another dog. Just made all the arrangements and Ra Kismet was home before he arrived home from work. Initially, colder than an iceberg, five seconds with Ra Kismet turning on puppy charm and he melted.
Haha, that's exactly what I did for eight years!!!:p:D:ROFLMAO:

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Has everyone already clicked through my sig line and looked at the Calvin doppleganger pups?

If you want to know what the pup will look like in a year, please see Calvin two weeks ago:
Calvin logs.JPG

Now Calvin was fixed two years ago, so I know it ain't him, but I gotta wonder if one of his littermates escaped to RI ...!

PS Look at the video of the Petfinder puppies. Just seeing that little clip, you know it is a dog with an awesome temperament. Can barely see, can't hear, and is walking around like she's sure the world is a wonderful place.

MaryK

Honored Member
OMD!!!!!!!!!!!! A & C thank you for pointing to the video:) Brought a tear of happiness to my eyes to see her trotting around, you're right, she thinks the world is a wonderful place.

They are both absolutely ADORABLE:love::love: I'd have them in a flash if I didn't live so far away.

And yes, definitely Calvin doubles!!!!!!!!!! Calvin is so beautiful:love:

MaryK

Honored Member
My mom would use having Chase as a reason not to get her because she could hurt him.
So I went to show the border collie pup to my mom and she wasn't there, so either she was put to sleep or adopted. I'm really hoping that she was adopted(it would have been nice if I could have.):(
I'm praying too she was adopted. I am sure she's in a wonderful home right now, being loved very much:)

Zeus is an older dog and Ra Kismet has never hurt him at all, in fact, it's a bit the other way around as Zeus does 'boss' Ra Kismet at times. Though he's never hurt Ra Kismet. And it's actually made Zeus decide to learn tricks he wouldn't have dreamed of doing prior to Ra Kismet's arrival.:) Maybe you could use this to convince your Mom.