szecsuani

Experienced Member
... teach this to my dog?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oBNFsk4P78[/media]
The second part.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
You can teach it the same way the trick is taught.

You just need to bring the treat higher until he stand up on his two back feet. But make sure that you train this in a carpeted or grass area so that your dog does not slip and fall.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
I already tought her that, I think that was the first thing I taught her...:msnblushing:
But hte thing I want to teach her is to back off to me (is this the phrase?) on her hind legs.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
You just have to bring the treat up in the air, and back it up towards her back. Now you have to be careful doing this, you don't want your dog to slip and fall.

When she makes a step backwards, make sure that you click, eventually you can click for 2 steps and so and so.

fickla

Experienced Member
In my opinion the more tricks you teach your dogs, the more they learn to be aware of all body parts and the more you can work on strengthening those parts. I teach my dogs beg for the main reason of getting those back muscles. And walking on hind legs is great for balance.

It will however be hard for a dog to learn the bigger they are! You may have to start out supporting your dog in some way and do it slowly.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Gosh this is an old thread! :D

I think if you make your dog do it too much, it can be bad, but just for the bigger dogs.
And ,yes, it is harder to teach a big dog do this, as they have to hold a bigger weight on their hind legs.

It looks so silly to me, that I requested this before, now that ami knows this trick. :D