Hiya!! :)

bdale777

Hiya everyone!!! :) My name is Brandy and I have a 4 1/2 month old Border Collie. He is my beautiful smart boy!! I got him when he was 12 weeks and he is just so smart. I had a BC/Sheltie mix when I was younger and I also had some pure BC as a kid that I trained. So, I have been training dogs since I was about 8 yrs old, and this pup is just amazing!!

So far he knows, sit, down, come, his name, paw (shake), High 5, find it, leave it, most of the time walks with loose lead (when he's in a new area and excited, he pulls ), roll over, speak, crawl, stay (from short distance), touch, which hand (he puts his paw on the hand with the treat in it), he knows the word catch and attempts to catch his toys and treats but hasn't got that down quite yet, we are working on getting him NOT to run out the doors when opened, and he is doing rather well unless one of the smaller kids stands in the doorway too long with the door open, then he will be too tempted and off he goes. I think that's everything he knows at this time. I need to work with him on heel and doing off leash work with distractions.

cayleej

im new here

Hello my name is Caylee, i have a 6 month old miniature dashond and her name is Lady. Who else out there has a dashond and have you tought it any tricks?:doglaugh:

itak

Wow your dog sounds brilliant, it must be real fun to have a dog who likes learning so much! good luck with the rest of your training.

bdale777

It's awesome. I have had many dogs to train throughout my lifetime and he is by far the smartest. I've trained BC mixes, a german shepherd, numerous mixed breeds that I took in as strays as a kid, and by far Einstein is the smartest, most pleasing dog i've had. He gets so excited as well when he learns something new. Its so cute I wish I had a video camera to show everyone. Just yesterday he learned speak and when he finally caught on to it, he took off out of the room, ran as fast as he could around the couch in a perfect circle and ran back to me and immediately sat for the next cue :) He is soooooooooooooo much fun!!!