Hi From Phoenix Az

sara

Staff member
Yes, that's exactly what you need to do... for anything, really, get it in the house, then move out to the back yard (you can work at dusk for a low light situation and still clicker train :), then move to the front yard, street, parks, etc.

sara

Staff member
Thank you! I can see you have a true passion for these animals!
yeah.... guilty :cautious: I prefer deaf dogs over hearing ones, and it sickens me that people kill them just because... so I will talk to anyone who will listen, about how awesome and easy they are :whistle:

tylerthegiant

Thank you blacknym, I have found rescuing to be very rewarding. I think I will always rescue from now on.

yeah.... guilty :cautious: I prefer deaf dogs over hearing ones, and it sickens me that people kill them just because... so I will talk to anyone who will listen, about how awesome and easy they are :whistle:
Sometimes I talk about how nice it is that Lucas is deaf and people pretty much don't know what to say-like I've said something mean. He doesn't react to barking dogs in their yards, he doesn't get scared when the fire alarm goes off, he doesn't hear me when I root around in the kitchen at night (and then I open the fridge and he smells and food and feels the draft and he's knows food is involved). He's more sensitive to body language because he relies on it so much that he responds to my slightest movement or facial expressions. All those things are nice! And I don't think he has any idea he's deaf, so I can't say it's hurting him any!