Hi All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by johnny1609, Feb 7, 2012.

1. johnny1609 Active Member

hey everyone, my names johnny. im a 19 year old lad from plymouth in the uk. i have been around dogs all my life but as i now live with my girlfriend and daughter i decided that when my dad bred his 2 dogs to have a pup.

My pup is called panda and will be 7 weeks old on thurs. she is lurcher to lurcher with the soul intention of be used for hunting whilst be a family pet. she is a very biddable little pup and has sit mastered already.

the reason i joined is because i have hunted since a young age and it just seems that noone takes pride in the dogs behaviour, myself however i would like little panda to be well trained.

tigerlily46514 likes this.

2. Dlilly Honored Member

Hello, and welcome!

This is the perfect place to chat and ask questions about dog training! :) This site supports positive reinforcement, so pretty much all of use use positive methods to train our dogs. :)

That's great she can already sit!
  3. johnny1609 Active Member

cheers, im hoping to have her extremely obedient as its a great help in the field but i may teach her a few tricks aswell
  4. Dlilly Honored Member

Teaching my dog tricks helped us create a better bond, and, it helped her with obedience training as well. It is also pretty cool to show off her tricks to friends :)
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  5. johnny1609 Active Member

Yh I know what you mean, pups great for me but won't do things for my gf. That and everyones impressed with her sitting aswell.