Herding Trial

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Well we went to Chicago for our first herding trial this past weekend. I had a ton of fun spending the weekend with my herding mentor, and we also did decently at the trial. We did the HT (herding test), and out of our two tries we qualified once. I was hoping two qualify both times so that we would get a title, but that's alright. Chloe actually did better than I would have expected her to under the conditions. The sheep were CRAZY. For the HT the sheep are supposed to be "knee knocker" sheep, that are naturally attracted to people. But these sheep didn't like people at all, they would run away from me any time Chloe tried to bring them to me. So that made things difficult. But Chloe handled it well, and overall I was happy! Plus Chloe got some great experience, we went for a few off leash walks with our dogs (which totaled to 8 border collies) and Chloe did great! :D And of course a couple of pictures.... (Sorry, only two, but the other ones I have are all not-so-neat looking moments. Crazy sheep... Crazy dog... :p)
Sheep.jpg
Sheep 2.jpg