Hello everyone

tapatio

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and my recently adopted GSD Maggie.Maggie is 4 years old and had a very rough start.I am hoping that with a lot of love and training she will realize how good life can be.This site looks like a good place to help Maggie gain the confidence in herself that she deserves.We are from NC.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome to the Academy! Check out the classroom and if you have any questions about working/living with Maggie, there are always DTA members throughout this forum who should be able to help you. :) Kudos on adopting! Enjoy the site and good luck!

tapatio

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it and the support here when needed. I had a GSD for 13 years and lost her this summer.I said then I couldn't bring myself to get another dog,because it hurt so much.Getting Maggie was not something I had planned on, but circumstances put us at the same place, and when I saw her something just clicked and I knew I would be taking her home.Maggie had spent the first four years of her life in a backyard and left to pretty much fend for herself.She had heartworms,was malnourished,and as I found out later,had a bad case of separation anxiety.She has since been through the heartworm treatment,and through a lot of patience has become better on my coming and going.We still have a ways to go,but the personality that Maggie is now showing,tells me there is a real gem waiting to emerge.Once again thanks for the nice welcome.