Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tapatio, Jan 1, 2009.

1. tapatio New Member

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and my recently adopted GSD Maggie.Maggie is 4 years old and had a very rough start.I am hoping that with a lot of love and training she will realize how good life can be.This site looks like a good place to help Maggie gain the confidence in herself that she deserves.We are from NC.

2. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

Welcome to the Academy! Check out the classroom and if you have any questions about working/living with Maggie, there are always DTA members throughout this forum who should be able to help you. :) Kudos on adopting! Enjoy the site and good luck!
  3. tapatio New Member

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it and the support here when needed. I had a GSD for 13 years and lost her this summer.I said then I couldn't bring myself to get another dog,because it hurt so much.Getting Maggie was not something I had planned on, but circumstances put us at the same place, and when I saw her something just clicked and I knew I would be taking her home.Maggie had spent the first four years of her life in a backyard and left to pretty much fend for herself.She had heartworms,was malnourished,and as I found out later,had a bad case of separation anxiety.She has since been through the heartworm treatment,and through a lot of patience has become better on my coming and going.We still have a ways to go,but the personality that Maggie is now showing,tells me there is a real gem waiting to emerge.Once again thanks for the nice welcome.