Hello All! New to Dog Trick Academy :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kristin, Apr 2, 2009.

1. kristin New Member

I just found this sight out of luck and it looked helpful to me.
    My name is Kristin, and my dogs name is Diesel. She is a Mastif/Newfoundland mix. Lucky for me she was the runt of the litter, so she is not as big as you would expect. She is a great dog, about 1 year and a few months old. I just want to learn some new and fun tricks to teach her! :doglaugh:

2. CollieMan Experienced Member

I know all about litter runts. Welcome to the club. :)

Enjoy the site and your training!
  3. snooks Experienced Member

Welcome to you and your not so small not so big runt. Diesel sounds beautiful, did she get the Newfie or Mastiff fur??? Post a pic please when you can. Check out the challenges, there are some great tricks to start with.
  4. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

Awwww. xD I bet that's an adorable mix. Too cute. You'll have to post a pic. Welcome to the Academy, and enjoy the site!
  5. kristin New Member

She has the Mastiff fur. She is beautiful. but i guess i am a little biased. lol
    She is an amazing dog. She has that Newfie gentleness when she needs it, like around children, and she also has the mastiff guard-dog attitude when she feels like somthing is wrong. :)

And i posted two pictures of her, but i can not figure out how to make one of them my main picture. I still have some learning to do.
  6. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

So cute. ^^ She's adorable.
  7. bnwalker2 New Member

Welcome! :) I'm new here too. My German Shepherd was the runt of his litter as well.
  8. kristin New Member

I love runts. ;)
    My cat was a runt too.
  9. snooks Experienced Member

You gotta love that Newfie mellow loving personality. They are so wonderful.