Glass Walls - Slaughter Houses

Gracegeorgina

Experienced Member
I know this video is awful, but I feel it is important to share it as these animals are no different than the canines we love!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I've done a lot of research in the past on factory farms, and slaughter houses. I can no longer stomach watching videos about it, I only made it two minutes into this video. I don't agree with the way these animals are treated. I have tried going vegan, and I failed. But I have cut back on the amount of meat I eat, slowly but surely. Thank you for reminding me why I'm working towards becoming a vegetarian.

Gracegeorgina

Experienced Member
I made it 30 seconds! I have to remind myself why I don't eat meat too! I'll share some pictures I found which broke my heart and that us dog owners can relate to..

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
It takes will power to be vegetarian, and with my family who eat meat every meal its hard for me to remember why I don't want to eat meat. But this video made me feel guilty for ever eating meat in the first place.

Gracegeorgina

Experienced Member
481701_10151247778994586_1572238311_n.jpg

This is what all kinds of animals suffer in slaughter houses

267573_10151169716654586_519911633_n.jpg

292804_399370360136428_318731413_n.jpg

Below this image was the saying 'I wish they loved me as much as they love you'

Gracegeorgina

Experienced Member
It takes will power to be vegetarian, and with my family who eat meat every meal its hard for me to remember why I don't want to eat meat. But this video made me feel guilty for ever eating meat in the first place.
Same problem here. I pick meat out of all my meals ;)

southerngirl

Honored Member
It breaks my heart seeing this, the poor animals are still alive when they slice their throats. I've thought about going Vegetarian, but I need to do some reading on it and I'll wait till I move out or get a job to try. I have heard that there are farmers that treat their animals with kindness and take great care of them before they are killed, but these farmers are a minority.

DevonW

I tried going vegetarian once and became seriously ill because of allergies and the fact my body can't break down plant matter efficiently enough so no matter how much I ate or how planned out my meals are I just can't get enough nutrients to support myself without heavy supplementing, I can barely remember to take my multi-vitamin so that wasn't the way to go. So meat is the way I have to go.

So I did the next best thing that I could for me and my dog because he's a carnivore and kibble is just gross and you have no idea where the meat came from or if it really is what they say it is. I started raising my own animals for meat (rabbit and chicken) I learned how to butcher and process myself so I know how those animals are treated from day one, I know they weren't fearful or hurt before butchering and most of all they were respected.

For beef and pork I only buy straight from the farmer from farms I've personally toured. Most have the mobile butcher come to their farm so the animals do not have to get on a truck and be shipped off to a slaughter house.

MaryK

Honored Member
I definitely recommend it :) I don't know how to explain it.. But it makes me feel 'cleaner' and purer in a way. Not only does it save animals but it makes you feel good!
It does doesn't it. Lighter, more energy and as you say 'cleaner' it's hard to explain but again, I agree not only does it save animals but it makes you feel good too.

MaryK

Honored Member
I didn't watch the video, as I've watched a lot, especially of late with the Export of Live Animals here in Australia, I just cannot take watching cruelty any more I have nightmares afterwards. But I do sign every petition, go to demonstrations and do all I can to help this animals. It breaks my heart.:cry::cry::cry:

Gracegeorgina

Experienced Member
I didn't watch the video, as I've watched a lot, especially of late with the Export of Live Animals here in Australia, I just cannot take watching cruelty any more I have nightmares afterwards. But I do sign every petition, go to demonstrations and do all I can to help this animals. It breaks my heart.:cry::cry::cry:
I've seen a few before, but not as bad as this one (you actually see them get killed)

MaryK

Honored Member
I take it you're a fellow 'veggie' MaryK? :)
Yes I am:) but not Vegan, though I would like too, but I HATE soya milk, almond milk etc. and LOVE Cheese and butter:rolleyes: I have a real problem with raw meat for my dogs, I virtually close my eyes, wear gloves and try not to breathe when getting it for them. Cannot stand the smell of meat being cooked either:sick: Am going to check out a site which claims (and I do know this lady a little and her reputation is awesome) dogs can go 'veggie'. I also hate feeding kibble, as I know the facts on that too. :mad:

Gracegeorgina

Experienced Member
I'm not vegan as I love milk :D also we have our own hens so it would be silly to not eat the eggs :D plus where I live in france is so deserted that there are farmers everywhere so it's not like the dairy farms you see in videos. There's a shepherd down the road who spends all day everyday walking his sheep round the countryside then they have a warm, clean barn for the night (you can see it from the road). I've read that dogs can live a healthy life on rice and lentils though have never tried it. Our dogs get scraps from the butcher which I like as when we ask, they fetch it out of the bin so I look at it as if no extra animals die as it would have otherwise been wasted.

sara

Staff member
I'[m sorry, I'm a carnivore, and always will be, I also hunt. However, you can buy meat that's been harvested humanely. I've worked in a pork processing plant, and those animals were treated fairly (and there are 20 or so vets that make sure of it!). Any of you know who Temple Grandin is? well, and plant that is certified by her is humane, and McDonalds only buys meat from plants certified by her.

Thing is, you can tar and feather all slaughterhouses by watching PETA vids (I HATE PETA btw) but there are ways to get safe, humanely treated meat. Buying directly from farmers, can be good, but not all farmers treat their animals well, and not all farmers kill humanely. I LOVE eating the venison that I've shot, as I knoe the animals were not treated badly, and I know I killed them humanely, and they had good lives up until they were killed, and that's what I need to know.

If I ever win the lottery, I will definitely keep a few cows, chickens, pigs and sheep, for the consumption of myself and my dogs. until then, I will continue to eat purchased meat.

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm not vegan as I love milk :D also we have our own hens so it would be silly to not eat the eggs :D plus where I live in france is so deserted that there are farmers everywhere so it's not like the dairy farms you see in videos. There's a shepherd down the road who spends all day everyday walking his sheep round the countryside then they have a warm, clean barn for the night (you can see it from the road). I've read that dogs can live a healthy life on rice and lentils though have never tried it. Our dogs get scraps from the butcher which I like as when we ask, they fetch it out of the bin so I look at it as if no extra animals die as it would have otherwise been wasted.
What part of France do you live in? I know France quite well, so know what you mean about the farmers. That's the kind of farming I love to hear about:D

Yes, I'm going to check out her site, have had a bad eye (all the dust and heat here I think) so been off line for two days, but I think that's the basis of her diet.

Wish we had our own chickens I love chickens:love: Would be silly not to eat those lovely fresh eggs. I will only eat 'free range' eggs, have to watch the packets as some just say 'not caged' which means the chickens still live in over crowded sheds.

Great idea, to get scraps from the butches, that's showing respect for the animals, because at least nothing is wasted.